Hi from Tamworth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1562064398_8bfcd0e4-3413-435b-a3c3-ff502432da33.jpg

Hi, been reading some awesome posts for about a month or So and thought its about time to introduce myself. I have recently been detecting Woodsreef fossicking area east of Barraba and have been doing fairly well both detecting the old workings and detecting the river banks along Ironbark Creek.

Hi there, those are some awesome finds. I've been through that area a few times on my way back from Gunnedah. Looks like a good place for a swing.
Cheers

G'day 270W welcome to PA :Y: awesome finds :beer: all the best when you get amongst it next time.

You have to work hard for it and there is so much junk, but persistence pays. There is still gold there if you work hard. It took me a few trips to finally start finding a bit. I use a gpz 7000, a SDC 2300 and a Gm 1000. Only problem with the 7000 is that I dig such deep holes to be disappointed much of the time with junk but it has found the most gold. Cheers

Gday there 270weatherby. Some nice gold you have!! I also live in Tamworth and have had a look around crow mountain with not the luck that you have had. I have a 4500 and recently bought a sdc2300 been going to nundle and bowling Alley .tons of junk!!!!! Hope to see you out there one day..

Mulla, I dont usually head up towards Nundle for the same reason. Way too much junk. Try woodsreef with your sdc2300. Work the old mullock heaps and you will find a bit of colour. ?

Hi from a recent trip that way. Lots of holes not filled in ??iwith the junk thrown back into the hole. Im just wondering if you seen the same thing up there as me??

Latest posts