Kato's boyfriend, first hunt, and first find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been asking Kato to invite her boyfriend along for a session, he is a nice lad, a little geeky.

She finally did it and to my surprise he was interested.

So I had to choose a place where there was a good chance to find something of historical value, or at least enough stuff
to keep him interested to look further.
I drove Kato over and we picked him up, headed off to a special place where she has had some success every trip there.

We dug out the machines and headed into the site, Kato briefed him but was being a little detailed than I would be,
so I took over his training on my Ace 250. He stepped one pace back and swung the in big uplifting arcs, totally wrong technique
but I heard a solid coin 'ding' and stepped over to check his screen.
"WOW you just found a coin on your first swing !"
"Sounds like a copper coin too"

After some direction on how to use a pin pointer and then how to dig, we had him unearthing a nice 'Australian 1933 Commonwealth half penny'.
He was confused as to why we were excited for him - his first swing, first signal, first dig and first coin (with his first girlfriend) :8

Next was myself - 1873 Victorian Penny

Kato - 1896 Victorian 1/2 Penny

Boyfriend - brass picture frame

Kato - 1938 Australian three pence

Myself - 1924 Commonwealth Penny

Kato - Purse frame

Myself - brass bath plug in good condition

All in all it was a good hunt for an hour or so in time, but the boyfriend did become bored. It does show that it isnt a hobby for all of us,
but he did get a great find with his beginners luck. :playful:

Ded Driver said:
Greenhornet_au said:
I have been asking Kato to invite her boyfriend along for a session, he is a nice lad, a little geeky.
did you keep reminding him that bad boyfriends bodies make nice backfill ? :playful:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so true

Ded Driver said:
Greenhornet_au said:
did you keep reminding him that bad boyfriends bodies make nice backfill ? :playful:

LOL

That was a talking point to stir him up, Kato could snap him like a twig if he played up.

They get on well so far... ;)

Latest posts