NuggetFinder 25" DD X-Search First Impressions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there.
Im a new member so forgive if this is a stupid question.
What settings would you run front and back on a 4500?
Im in the GT vic
Ive just purchased and would be appreciate some guidance

I'd go with Deep, Normal, DD, Tracking.

In the Mode settings, change:
Audio to Normal
Motion to Slow.
Tracking to Slow.

Keep the rest at Factory Presets. You will need to adjust Rx Gain as required.

G'day Nenad. I'm thinking about buying the Nugget Finder 25" DD coil, but I'm torn between buying that or the 25" N.F. mono coil. I want to detect my old patches and need the deepest ground penetration I can get. I've done them with the 19" Z coil and the 19" evolution. Which coil would you recommend for the most depth in the G.T. And will either of them punch much deeper than the coils I've already used? Cheers wiley.

wiley coyote said:
G'day Nenad. I'm thinking about buying the Nugget Finder 25" DD coil, but I'm torn between buying that or the 25" N.F. mono coil. I want to detect my old patches and need the deepest ground penetration I can get. I've done them with the 19" Z coil and the 19" evolution. Which coil would you recommend for the most depth in the G.T. And will either of them punch much deeper than the coils I've already used? Cheers wiley.

This will give you a clue to make your decision easy as.

There might be a mineralized layer of ground underneath your old patches that holds gold nuggets in them that a mono coil cannot give a return signal because of the highly mineralised layer. :goldnugget:

Thanks Nenad. I might start with the D.D. If that finds anything, it'll have paid for itself, so i'll get a mono as well, and see if that finds any the D.D. missed. That will be a good test. wiley.

PhaseTech said:
Here's some more results on a more sizeable target

Target 3 - 96g Flat Lead slab

5000 - 14x9" Evo - F Gold - 49cm
4500 - 14x9" Evo - Enhance - 50cm
5000 - 14x9" Evo - Normal - 52cm

4500 - 15" Evo - Enhance - 56.5cm

5000 - 19" Evo - F Gold - 63.5cm
4500 - 19" Evo - Enhance - 64cm

4500 & 5000 - 25" XDD - Normal - 64cm
4500 & 5000 - 25" XDD - S Extra & Mono - 69cm

:pickshovel:

I'm tipping the 25" mono version should do alot better, considering the 19" evo in enhance was only 5cm behind the 25" dd running in sensitive extra. :cool:

Hi Nenad,
I am considering buying a large DD coil and running it in RX Mono mode. I have a 4500 detector. Looking at some test results of yours June 21 2019. Target 3, 93 grams lead.
4500 &5000 NF 25 " Mono, Sen Ext 69 cms. I would be interested to know whether the setting of RX Mono, Normal timing would achieve a greater depth on that target.

Cheers

Pete's gold said:
Hi Nenad,
I am considering buying a large DD coil and running it in RX Mono mode. I have a 4500 detector. Looking at some test results of yours June 21 2019. Target 3, 93 grams lead.
4500 &5000 NF 25 " Mono, Sen Ext 69 cms. I would be interested to know whether the setting of RX Mono, Normal timing would achieve a greater depth on that target.

Cheers

I can't recall exactly, but I think on that particular target, Sens Extra was as good if not slightly better than Normal. If you tested a number of big targets, many would be detected deeper in Normal, but you'd still get a few that are better in Sens Extra.

Nenad,
I managed to purchase a secondhand Coiltek Goldstaker 22 inch DD coil. I depth tested it at Jupiter Creek S.A. I dug a hole and placed a 50cent coin at the bottom. I used Rx mono and Sensitive extra. The depth achieved was 63 cm. and much same with RX mono Normal. I used the inverted signal and the low high response was my preference. The coil is nice and light. I didn't bother with the DD mode but believe using the Sharp timing in DD can produce good results too. I am not too bothered with sensitivity that's what my Coiltek 14 inch mono is for, or my 11inch DD in mono mode.

Cheers

I got 67cm with the 19" Evo in Enhance on a 50c piece, but being a DD should cut out a little EMI.

Let us know if you crack anything good with it ;)

1632295476_e6badf72-7056-4620-a583-4e131c40c9bf.jpg