My nine year old boys finds - Go find 66

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MegsyB007 said:
The quality time spent together is worth more than anything you'll find, mate.
Best of luck to you both!

Cheers,
Meg

Couldn't have put it any better thanks Meg.

too many kids these day are left indoors with the tv or iphone, ipad or game console. We need more parents willing to go the extra mile, take the kids, kicking and screaming if need be, and get them to actually LIVE!!!! The future is not looking so bright any more, I fear. :/

kids just luv getting outside , gofinds are the best :perfect:

1560717670_kid1.jpg

1560717870_kid2.jpg

Well done Foss and son :Y:
I too found an old fiddy cent that was red like that. Interesting chemical reaction going on in the soil.

LOL, it is great to make ANY kids day.

I dont plant things for my kids anymore, they just find stuff or I do and let them dig it up.

BUT

I do sometimes plant coins for kids that are total strangers, did that at Victor Harbour the other weekend.
A little girl came and asked what I was doing, she was about 5yrs, Mum was there, and a 2yr old sister.

The bark chips were totally clean so I managed to drop a $1 coin and cover it, asked if she wanted to swing and she had big open eyes,
Mum was okay, and on the childs 3rd swing it chimed and she took to the ground with the pin pointer ! Little sister just over her shoulder.
Excitedly she found the coin and jiggled with joy.

Then I asked her sister how old she was, "only 2yrs" and also with two finger held up, so cute.
So I asked if she would like to look for treasure ? Mum was smiling as she scanned another patch where I dropped a $2 coin.
Bing, bing with the ACE250 and she was into the ground with the pinpointer, found it and squealed with a huge smile.
I asked her if she knew what the coin was, she looked at it and saw the number 2 then said "two dollars ??",
her Mother didnt know she could count and was surprised. (The first girl could not identify the $1 coin.)

Kids very happy, Mum happy too, and asked a lot about the hobby.
Another woman chatted happily about the hobby too.
Later a Taxi driver chatted about his Gold prospecting days.

My kids were on the swings and stuff, Kato was looking for anything in odd places - came away with a couple of spendibles.

:Y: :)

That's a really great thing to do Geenhornet. Not only will it give those kids great memories, but it's the best kind of advertisement for our hobby- Winning hearts and minds :Y:

It could also be planting the seed in those little ones, to hopefully grow up one day to be 2 more PA members and avid prospectors.

I'm also envious Fossiker. Your son is 50c ahead of me on finds value already! :clap:

Thanks guys, I usually have chocolate foil wrapped coins at the beach for kids and just scratch a square in the sand
for them to search in. Chocolate is always a winner.

I also hit a kindy where my kids went, and salt the sand pit then bring out the Ace 250's.

Fossi,
Have you got any time in on the NOX 800 ?

LOL, more importantly have you lifted your game yet ?

Kato my eldest Daughter has been smashing me with her CTX, but she also did it before with her Ace250. :/

Not yet GH. Still sitting here on the table in the box. Heading out Saturday. Just been flat out at work, and its been raining for 2 days here. Let you know how I go on the weekend. Ive been looking at those detect Ed carbon fibre shafts. And to stay on topic the red belly black snake version. :Y:

Latest posts