Whites Digmaster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of this great digging tool. I cant seem to find one anywhere in Australia. Ebay are charging twice the cost of the tool in postage. Any help appreciated.

savage bitter said:
garret diging tool is pretty good heaps of places sell them

Apparently the Garret has a narrower handle which is a bit more uncomfortable on the downward push if you hit some harder ground and the whites is stainless so it wont rust. I believe the garret is carbon steel?

LoL. When I seen it on your post Fossiker, I thought it might just be a nice addition to my gear as its a nice looking digger.
So you did get lucky on the last one available it seems.
As you were the one to start the search im happy that you scored it before I got to it & hit 'buy' :p
I will track one down :Y:

Ded Driver said:
LoL. When I seen it on your post Fossiker, I thought it might just be a nice addition to my gear as its a nice looking digger.
So you did get lucky on the last one available it seems.
As you were the one to start the search im happy that you scored it before I got to it & hit 'buy' :p
I will track one down :Y:

Thanks mate i honestly didnt know i just added it to the cart and paid for it. Looking at it now you cant add to the cart so yeah i must have got the last one. Ill keep my eye open for another one.

There is one on ebay for the same price including postage but its in the US.

who are these guys kidding :eek:
Whites Digmaster on Amazon Australia for $143.92 +$49.46 p&p
1560594596_whites_digger_on_amazon_au.jpg

Contacted local Australian seller just North of here yesterday and got a quick reply.
- - - - - -

Were hoping to process another order from Whites ASAP, Were happy to contact you when they arrive.

Kind Regards

Peter & Cecilia

Prospectors & Miners FNQ

Fossiker said:
Apparently the Garret has a narrower handle which is a bit more uncomfortable on the downward push if you hit some harder ground and the whites is stainless so it wont rust. I believe the garret is carbon steel?

I notice that Whites own website and the other sellers all describe the DigMaster blade as "heat-treated steel". Where does this idea that it's stainless steel and therefore won't rust, come from?

grubstake said:
Fossiker said:

I notice that Whites own website and the other sellers all describe the DigMaster blade as "heat-treated steel". Where does this idea that it's stainless steel and therefore won't rust, come from?

The idea came from a you tube review. But upon further "credible" research you are correct sir. Its definately heat treated steel. My bad.

I'd be interested to find out exactly what it is. If it is carbon 1075 perhaps? Ill dig deeper ;)

Ded Driver said:
if your digger is stored for a bit & develops a minor bit of surface rust its no big issue, just hit it with a wire brush in the drill if you wish
with regular use they don't get very rusty ;)

Thanks Driver. Adds character anyway. Could always patina with vinegar or just give it a hit with wd or a wipedown with oil when i get home.

Still a great tool according to so many users. looking forward to using it. :Y: