You are not logged in.

  • Register to access all forum features  

#1

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
14 June 2019 10:47 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of this great digging tool. I can’t seem to find one anywhere in Australia. Ebay are charging twice the cost of the tool in postage. Any help appreciated.

FCF8A58D-00CC-4D63-B82E-C69178095BD5_zpsdynt8kss.jpeg

Last edited by Fossiker (14 June 2019 11:32 pm)


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

#2

savage bitter
Member
Joined: 28 October 2018
Posts: 444
Member
14 June 2019 11:45 pm

garret diging tool is pretty good heaps of places sell them

#3

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
14 June 2019 11:53 pm

savage bitter wrote:

garret diging tool is pretty good heaps of places sell them

Apparently the Garret has a narrower handle which is a bit more uncomfortable on the downward push if you hit some harder ground and the whites is stainless so it won’t rust. I believe the garret is carbon steel?


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

#4

grubstake
Member
From: Perth, WA
Joined: 20 October 2014
Posts: 2,014
Member
15 June 2019 12:52 am

How about the Deteknix Diamond Digger?:
http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/de … nd-digger/


Where it is, there it is.

#5

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
15 June 2019 01:33 am

grubstake wrote:

How about the Deteknix Diamond Digger?:
http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/de … nd-digger/

Not bad mate very similar.


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

#6

nesral
Member
Joined: 05 January 2015
Posts: 236
1 user likes this post: Fossiker

#7

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
15 June 2019 11:24 am

Brilliant thanks mate much appreciated! thumbsup


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

#8

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
15 June 2019 02:17 pm

Ended up buying it today. Gets some great reviws online and on you tube.


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

1 user likes this post: Ded Driver

#9

Ded Driver
Member
From: West of the Border, WA
Joined: 27 May 2018
Posts: 2,041
Member
15 June 2019 03:39 pm

i just had a look at that P&M FNQ website for curiosity sake, & its says they are sold out!
Did you get the last one Fossiker? or did you overlook the sold out sign?
DED


APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

#10

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
15 June 2019 04:40 pm

No it was in stock - sorry...


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

#11

Ded Driver
Member
From: West of the Border, WA
Joined: 27 May 2018
Posts: 2,041
Member
15 June 2019 08:07 pm

LoL. When I seen it on your post Fossiker, I thought it might just be a nice addition to my gear as its a nice looking digger.
So you did get lucky on the last one available it seems.
As you were the one to start the search im happy that you scored it before I got to it & hit 'buy' tongue
I will track one down thumbsup


APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

#12

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
15 June 2019 08:41 pm

Ded Driver wrote:

LoL. When I seen it on your post Fossiker, I thought it might just be a nice addition to my gear as its a nice looking digger.
So you did get lucky on the last one available it seems.
As you were the one to start the search im happy that you scored it before I got to it & hit 'buy' tongue
I will track one down thumbsup

Thanks mate i honestly didnt know i just added it to the cart and paid for it. Looking at it now you cant add to the cart so yeah i must have got the last one. Ill keep my eye open for another one.

There is one on ebay for the same price including postage but its in the US.

Last edited by Fossiker (15 June 2019 08:42 pm)


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

#13

Ded Driver
Member
From: West of the Border, WA
Joined: 27 May 2018
Posts: 2,041
Member
15 June 2019 09:30 pm

who are these guys kidding yikes
Whites Digmaster on Amazon Australia for $143.92 +$49.46 p&p
1560594596_whites_digger_on_amazon_au.jpg


APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

#14

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
15 June 2019 09:57 pm

Amazon Australia is a joke. If they don’t sort out their pricing soon they’ll be out of the Aussie market. It’s with most of their products. thumbsdown

Here’s the US one on eBay. Same price - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre … 3903861902

Last edited by Fossiker (15 June 2019 10:06 pm)


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

#15

nesral
Member
Joined: 05 January 2015
Posts: 236
Member
16 June 2019 08:59 am

Contacted local Australian seller just North of here yesterday and got a quick reply.
- - - - - -

We’re hoping to process another order from White’s ASAP, We’re happy to contact you when they arrive.

Kind Regards

Peter & Cecilia

Prospectors & Miners FNQ

2 users like this post: Fossiker, Ded Driver

#16

grubstake
Member
From: Perth, WA
Joined: 20 October 2014
Posts: 2,014
Member
16 June 2019 09:38 am

Fossiker wrote:

Apparently the Garret has a narrower handle which is a bit more uncomfortable on the downward push if you hit some harder ground and the whites is stainless so it won’t rust. I believe the garret is carbon steel?

I notice that Whites own website and the other sellers all describe the DigMaster blade as "heat-treated steel". Where does this idea that it's stainless steel and therefore won't rust, come from?


Where it is, there it is.

1 user likes this post: savage bitter

#17

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
16 June 2019 10:22 am

grubstake wrote:
Fossiker wrote:

Apparently the Garret has a narrower handle which is a bit more uncomfortable on the downward push if you hit some harder ground and the whites is stainless so it won’t rust. I believe the garret is carbon steel?

I notice that Whites own website and the other sellers all describe the DigMaster blade as "heat-treated steel". Where does this idea that it's stainless steel and therefore won't rust, come from?


The idea came from a you tube review. But upon further "credible" research you are correct sir. Its definately heat treated steel. My bad.

I'd be interested to find out exactly what it is. If it is carbon 1075 perhaps? Ill dig deeper wink

Last edited by Fossiker (16 June 2019 10:33 am)


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

1 user likes this post: grubstake

#18

Ded Driver
Member
From: West of the Border, WA
Joined: 27 May 2018
Posts: 2,041
Member
16 June 2019 01:52 pm

if your digger is stored for a bit & develops a minor bit of surface rust its no big issue, just hit it with a wire brush in the drill if you wish
with regular use they don't get very rusty wink


APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

#19

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
16 June 2019 01:59 pm

Ded Driver wrote:

if your digger is stored for a bit & develops a minor bit of surface rust its no big issue, just hit it with a wire brush in the drill if you wish
with regular use they don't get very rusty wink

Thanks Driver. Adds character anyway. Could always patina with vinegar or just give it a hit with wd or a wipedown with oil when i get home.

Still a great tool according to so many users. looking forward to using it. thumbsup


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

1 user likes this post: Ded Driver

#20

Ridge Runner
Member
Joined: 04 September 2014
Posts: 5,367
Member
16 June 2019 08:38 pm

Ded Driver wrote:

who are these guys kidding yikes
Whites Digmaster on Amazon Australia for $143.92 +$49.46 p&p
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … zon_au.jpg

I can get em for about $67.00 AUD.


Dig em all,

#21

Fossiker
Member
Joined: 27 May 2019
Posts: 150
Member
20 June 2019 03:52 pm

It came today. Appears to be really well made with good ergonomics and comfortable in hand. Will give it a go on saturday.

20190620_134158_zpsqqsjtxt8.jpg

20190620_134235_zpsft20xlsv.jpg

Last edited by Fossiker (20 June 2019 03:53 pm)


Equinox 800 & Go Find 66 for the backpack & a splash of crazy.
Relic, Coin & treasure hunter & knife collector.

1 user likes this post: Ded Driver

#22

Jaros
Moderator
From: S.E.Qld., QLD
Joined: 11 August 2013
Posts: 11,332
Moderator
20 June 2019 04:24 pm

Good luck with the new toy. gold-nugget


F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: Fossiker

#23

Col in Lara
Newbie
From: Lara, VIC
Joined: 22 June 2019
Posts: 5
Newbie
22 June 2019 12:43 pm

Ridge Runner posted "I can get em for about $67.00 AUD."

Hi, Col here in Lara Vic. Can you still get the Digmaster for $67.00 and can you get me one or tell me where to get one.

Thanks.

Last edited by Col in Lara (22 June 2019 01:01 pm)


Good Better Best, Never let it rest. Until your Good is Better and your Better Best

#24

RM Outback
Member
Joined: 10 March 2016
Posts: 4,473
Member
22 June 2019 12:50 pm

Col in Lara wrote:

I can get em for about $67.00 AUD.

Hi, Col here in Lara Vic. Can you still get the Digmaster for $67.00 and can you get me one or tell me where to get one.

Thanks.

G'day Col welcome to PA, Ridge Runner is based in the UK but a valued member who will no doubt give you his valued advice. Have you tried the net to see who stocks them here.

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

#25

Col in Lara
Newbie
From: Lara, VIC
Joined: 22 June 2019
Posts: 5
Newbie
22 June 2019 01:04 pm

RM Outback wrote:
Col in Lara wrote:

I can get em for about $67.00 AUD.

Hi, Col here in Lara Vic. Can you still get the Digmaster for $67.00 and can you get me one or tell me where to get one.

Thanks.

G'day Col welcome to PA, Ridge Runner is based in the UK but a valued member who will no doubt give you his valued advice. Have you tried the net to see who stocks them here.

No one seems to have them that I have seen. postage from overseas kills it. I will probably get something else or modify a garden trowel.

Update.... I bought the Deteknix digger listed up in an earlier post. $67.50 delivered.

Regards
Col in Lara

Last edited by Col in Lara (22 June 2019 01:18 pm)


Good Better Best, Never let it rest. Until your Good is Better and your Better Best

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site

Top