Swinging all weekend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Put a fair bit of footwork in ,this weekend.

Tried a few places and we got some interesting stuff.

I am in the process of cleaning it all ,but here are some of the finds.
The sunrise badge / lapel came up complete in the scoop from 5 " down and the pin fell off in my hand when i picked it up. The whole thing is undamaged and complete. It even avoided my pick. Should come up nice after a wash.

1560158232_badge1.jpg

1560158260_badge2.jpg

Got this brass button a few inches down. It has an inscription on it ,but i can`t read it , yet.
1560158467_b2.jpg

1560158489_f4.jpg

Found something interesting ,yesterday. It looks like brass or a light metal in a pointy shape with a strange colour. The ends are folded over and it is heavy . Given it is only 1 cm long , it feels too heavy for it`s size to be lead. I know the old miners used to hide gold in empty bullet shell casings and i am hoping ( praying with all my might ) that this might be the case with this one ,too. Once i have cleaned all the finds from the weekend , i`ll open it up and see what surprise is inside the easter egg !!!!!!!!!!!

1560158937_bull1.jpg

1560158960_bull2.jpg

Came across a few of these signs in our travels ,but not where we were swinging.
1560159467_sign.jpg

Had a good weekend overall . Thanks , Ward69 .

At the end of the day , this bloke had the last laugh.

1560159374_kook1.jpg
1560159397_kook2.jpg

Oyes Silver, Between the two of us, we can supply the fishing tackle shops with lead for about a month. More weekends coming, I had to turn the SDC down picking up to much wire. How would clean the rising sun?

Thanks, LonelySilver.

I have got a collection of things piling up that are in the process of being cleaned or i haven`t started ,yet.
I got a strong signal with the detector and the pinpointer on a rock. It`s still dirty and i just threw it in my bag ,so i don`t know if it is quartz with gold in it or just a hot rock. I`m betting it is a hot rock.
Will have a go at it when i do all the other stuff. Got a crank handle from an old jalopy ,a very old metal savlon tube ,an old tyre valve cap and something that looks like a damaged cap that has an inscription on the inside of it. Very interested to see what it says.It is flat and has a lip. You can just make out part of the inscription in this picture.

1560333599_what.jpg

The button has come up ok. It is a Best Ring Edge and from what i can find on them ,they are dated early 1900`s for holding up men`s strides with the suspender
straps .

1560333138_button.jpg

Latest posts