Wiluna?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. New to P.A, has anyone had any luck around Wiluna?

I found my first piece in Menzies last year with a cheap vlf, got bit, saved up and got the 5k.
This year i have spent just over a month in Cue, found a few bits - but now i want to go big. Currently doing a heap of research into magnetic anomaly and learning how to read geological maps.
Basically working on the philosophy that "if you want to find the unfound gold, go where no one has been"
So, because i have never been to wiluna i am just curious to see if anyone knows what the ground is like, how friendly the locals are or if anyone has had any luck?
Cheers

Really? From what i can tell it looks promising! But like ive said, ive never been. My Great uncle found just over 3 ounces - 10years ago - 50ks from wiluna.

Thats awesome news madtuna, cheers! Im planning on heading out in july and see out the end of the season there. I have scoured google earth and a few remote areas look really nice. Cannot wait haha

Muza good ground to be found out that way. Myself and a few people I went with took over an ounce last October in a few days out that way. Shame I can't pm you or email you yet.

No XXXX gold hahaha nice :p
Too easy Rockhunter62, im taking the trailer, plenty of room haha
Awesome news shakergt, everything i have found researching is pointing to there being a high chance of gold, I've just gotta get out there and have a look.
Thanks for the replys guys, i appreciate it :Y:

There's is plenty out that way and you don't even have to travel far from Wiluna to find it. I am heading up in October again to see if there is any left at a spot I found last year. I have a heap of spots ear marked but have only dectected one area so far. Last year I ran out of time and had to head home for work. Yes I did the cardinal sin and left an area with gold in the ground. I just hope no one discovered the area I was in between then and when I get back.

I've had good results from the Murchison! Definitely nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure!

Just now new to your forum. I went on a Tag a Long about 5 years ago and Wiluna was our spot. 20 guys found over 300 pieces over 10 days. W.A has a lot of gold to give, I believe. We all ran GPX 5000's and I now have a 7000 bought only recently.

I spent 1 week on my own out there after the Tag a Long and it is a lonely place I can tell you. There are many gold leases out that way so I'm sure they are there for a reason.

It is abig drive from Melbourne so take a buddy. I'm seriously thinking of going back next year but likely a Tag a Long again. Much safer.

Latest posts