Pulse Induction On A Budget?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kicksome said:
pinfire opals said:
kicksome said:
pinfire opals said:
1 just bought the extreme from Gumtree 800 plus postage. A bargain I think

The one from Darwin or another one? That is rather cheap
The one from Darwin advertised for 900. They are getting postage quote for me. Sorry there will be something else this week i bet. :Y:
Haha no worries she was getting me a postage quote for me too. All the best hope you like it :Y:
I'm hoping I can find something more local
You mite just get it then if you offered her more than 800, as she told me the exact same thing re postage. Good luck may the best person win it. :Y: :)

kicksome said:
pinfire opals said:
Yeah I did see that I rang them up yesterday, that's my last resort at the moment I'm not keen on spending that much. Maybe I'll haggle them and say that the WA one is heaps cheaper
I have done it before once they check up on their site they will come to the party. We had it work with one of the boys trail bikes and a SD 2000 years ago. Haggle with them every time, as they go over board on the pricing most of the times.

pinfire opals said:
kicksome said:
pinfire opals said:
Yeah I did see that I rang them up yesterday, that's my last resort at the moment I'm not keen on spending that much. Maybe I'll haggle them and say that the WA one is heaps cheaper
I have done it before once they check up on their site they will come to the party. We had it work with one of the boys trail bikes and a SD 2000 years ago. Haggle with them every time, as they go over board on the pricing most of the times.

Yeah i'll go in tomorrow and ask them about it, I think the bendigo one has a couple extras but i'll put it to them and see where they meet in the middle.
Yeah they are dogs for over pricing haha

I was thinking of putting something in the wanted section, but may not need too. No sympathy here for Cashies at all lol. Best of luck :Y:

Kicksome ask what is there best price and ask what comes with it then ask whats your best price for cash and then make a offer then haggle from there I do it all the time when I buy from cash converters you can use the info on the others you have checked out for ammo cheers Muk.

kicksome sounds like your in a hurry to purchase be patient could be worth the wait .While your looking to buy do research .Dont buy the only or first machine available .Patience will also be needed then you do buy to learn your machine .

lordo.1 said:
kicksome sounds like your in a hurry to purchase be patient could be worth the wait .While your looking to buy do research .Dont buy the only or first machine available .Patience will also be needed then you do buy to learn your machine .
Yeah I know im bloody impatient, It's a killer. I've come across a new hobby that I like but I dont want to go out because of my machine. So im keen as mustard to get a PI. I'm sure if i takle a deep breath and sit back something ideal will pop up sooner rather than later. Annoying that I can do a heap of reading and research about what machine suits me best and then I get hands on experience with it I might even end up not liking it :(

Just curious is an SD 2000 worth it in this day and age? I can get one for $700. Would it be better on highly mineralised ground than my GMT?
I realized I'm on much more of a tighter budget than I would like...

Kicksome, nothing wrong with a 2000, and a good introduction to pulse induction. Of course it is a dual channel manual ground balance, but I think that is probably a good thing for you to start with. Just make sure that it is functional, and perhaps you could add a constant voltage system to it if it does not already have it.
Read up on the manual and get as much info on using this model as you can.

kicksome said:
Just curious is an SD 2000 worth it in this day and age? I can get one for $700. Would it be better on highly mineralised ground than my GMT?

What are the chances of finding very small gold (today's most common size), with an SD2000 PI vs a GMT? Personally, I'd be putting my money on the GMT! But you have to be prepared stick with it until you master it.

For reference, check out maccatuna's amazing thread on his finds with a Gold Monster 1000, Minelab's recent VLF that was widely dismissed as "unusable in highly-mineralised ground" when it was introduced: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30448

maccatuna said:
I was picking up gold everywhere..yes ground noise is fing annoying and non stop in highly mineralised ground but the reward has been unbelievable

Reg Wilson said:
Kicksome, nothing wrong with a 2000, and a good introduction to pulse induction. Of course it is a dual channel manual ground balance, but I think that is probably a good thing for you to start with. Just make sure that it is functional, and perhaps you could add a constant voltage system to it if it does not already have it.
Read up on the manual and get as much info on using this model as you can.
Thanks Reg that is good to know. I'll read the manual today and try to gather as much information about it this afternoon.

grubstake said:
kicksome said:

What are the chances of finding very small gold (today's most common size), with an SD2000 PI vs a GMT? Personally, I'd be putting my money on the GMT! But you have to be prepared stick with it until you master it.

For reference, check out maccatuna's amazing thread on his finds with a Gold Monster 1000, Minelab's recent VLF that was widely dismissed as "unusable in highly-mineralised ground" when it was introduced: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30448

maccatuna said:
I was picking up gold everywhere..yes ground noise is fing annoying and non stop in highly mineralised ground but the reward has been unbelievable

Yeah I guess that is understandable but to be honest my GMT vlf machine is infuriating for me, it almost makes me not even want to go out with it at the moment. I feel like I almost try and use the gmt like a pulse induction machine. I read before that it takes a good 100+ hours to get used to your machine, and at this rate I kind of doubt that i'll even make it to that with my vlf.
Anyways i've got some reading to do. I Appreciate all the input too guys :Y:

Why not hire an SDC2300 from Bendigo Gold or Coiltek Maryboro for a weekend? You'll soon find out whether PI is the solution to your present frustration and there's no simpler PI machine with a well-proven record for finding plenty of (mostly small) nuggets.

For example (from the Queen's B-day Weekend Meet-up thread):
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=494136#p494136

Latest posts