What food would You take camping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. We cook pretty much anything that we cook at home but we love to cook. There is an old topic started by Nugget, The creator and original owner of this forum. We had a group camp at Nundle a few years ago and my lovely wife cooked caramel dumplings in a camp oven for everyone.

The old topic.... https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=335

Same as ramjet. We cook pretty much the same as what we would have at home.

You could also cook some meals at home before you leave and then freeze them flat in large sandwich bags to save room in your van freezer (if you have one in the van)
You can then reheat them on your travels in the bag in a pot of boiling water or microwave

Do you have a fridge ?
Do you have a freezer ?

We have a small plastic basket that holds our condiments,salt ,pepper, curry powder,soy sauce, olive oil, gravy powder, tomato sauce etc
Tea, coffee, sugar, small long life milk packets, milo, tomatoe paste in sachets, garlic powder
For fast meals instant noodles, cuppa soups, breakfast cereals.

Favorite meats divided into meal size portions and vac sealed. We try and buy fresh fruit and vegs along the way. Sometimes extra meals cooked at home, frozen then vac sealed. Rice and noodles/spaghetti
Packet sauces, not bottles.
Bread divided into day use amounts, put into freezer bags then frozen for future use ( don't try and vac seal, don't ask how I know ).

Nibbles, cheese, dips etc

there's a start for you Goody

I am going to make a list up what to do before I drive off and what thing to do when I stop for the night..

Will make sure that is on my list Reynard...

Goody :)

One camping trip we had our 5 kids plus , girlfriends, boyfriends and random hangers on. About 16 people total. I gave my eldest boy the task of cleaning the 3 burner, gas cooker. He packed it all away nicely but forgot 1 simple thing. The hose to connect it to a gas bottle. We drove an hour to the nearest town but could not get the fittings we needed. So my lovely lady spent a week cooking everything on an open fire. She smashed it out, (with a tiny bit of help from me), and no complaints from anyone. Think she may be a keeper. LOL :heart:

Beer (& shhhhhhhhh ((water too))
steak
bread rolls
more beer
more steak
bake beans
can or 2 of mixed veges
4 cans of beetroot :D (luv da stuff)
a few eggs
bacon
some other kind of dead animal
chilli sauce, salt & pepper
instant porridge cups
muesli bars
more beer
more steak
STUBBY HOLDER FOR BEER
nibblies
bottle or 2 of good port (for the cold nights)
more beer in case the water runs out :playful:
anything else that looks good as im tearing down the shopping isle

We like to live off 'splurge' once all our fresh food is gone and there's nothing we can catch /pick/kill when camping. Basically you start with a can of beans or a packet of 2 minute noodles and chuck in anything that you can find! Herbs, tinned tuna, veggies, gravox, chilli sauce.... if enough alcohol has been consumed it tastes bloody brilliant. If the alcohol has run out its pretty shite!

Latest posts