My first finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday guys, well here is my first finds after a couple of months of now owning RidgeRunners Whites TDI SL..Im only new at this game but am staggered at what ive found and ive had a ball doing it..i think ive cornered the market on jews harps, for some reason i seem to find one everywhere i go.Funny thing is i found all this but only 1 pre decimal coin, a half penny from 1917 oh and an absolute metric shitload of trash which is now out of the ground..lol..anyway here is some pics of what i have so far..i cant wait to do some gold detecting soon..
1559353579_1.jpg

1559353579_2.jpg

1559353579_3.jpg

1559353579_4.jpg

1559353579_5.jpg

1559353579_6.jpg

1559353579_7.jpg

1559353579_8.jpg

Fantastic array of relics, especially the cricket related items and all those snake buckles. I think some of us would prefer those over coins. :Y:

Totally agree with the others !!
WOW , you've been busy
Keep going while those type of finds are coming out
Looking forward to seeing that sov when it happens ;)

Fantastic haul, that's dead set bizzare that only one pre dec went along with all that! Can't wait to see what else shows up for you.

A metric shitload! You don't happen to have the conversion factor to get it back to the imperial measure per chance? :lol: :) :Y:

One of your many finds looks like a coin with a fair-sized hole in it - is it an escutcheon or similar, or something else? Nice work.

Thank everyone , im def going back to the same spots for more time on ground and its been getting me used to the machine..i have a couple more spots to check out soon, a spot where there was a hall in the early 1900's and a lightkeepers cottage that goes back to 1853 so cant wait for them..until then its time to get some camping and gold detecting done.looking fwd to that..
Ps...bush chook, what looks like a coin is actually some sort of watch or clock face, it has the numbers going around the out side..

Amazing assortment of relics there utta kaos!
But I'd like to know the story of what the heck was going on there for so many buttons to be popping off clothes!! :lol:

MegsyB007 said:
Amazing assortment of relics there utta kaos!
But I'd like to know the story of what the heck was going on there for so many buttons to be popping off clothes!! :lol:

Not tieing off the thread when the buttons are sewn on.

Id like to know as well megsy, they were bloody everywhere and cos i dig every target i ended up with a stack of them..i bet that whoever lost them sure was glad when zips were invented... :p :D..i love looking at the trashy bits too, everything has a design or filigree patern on it..and youre right i do prefer my buckles over coins..i also got a couple of stone tools out where i was too..i love my "stuff"..

My grandmother used to have a big tin full as well, i used to look at them all as a kid..i have to go thru them as there is names on alot of them..

Congrats on the finds, You really have jumped in boots an All with that TDI :Y: WTG,

Some of those ring things look like the fighting spurs they use to fit on Roosters years ago for the Cock fights,

Keep up the good work and keep going back because I think you are on a gold mine of history where you found those items, and there must be coins or jewellery etc there or even the odd nugget so keep up the good work you are doing a great job, :perfect:

J.

Latest posts