NSW Diamonds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He doesn't mind ,someone for him to talk to as long as you close gates everyone is happy.

Inverell diamonds at the tourist info centre.
1384932834_20131120_1017442078359393.jpg

Can't agree with you more mate,the shape,colours of abeauty sapphire is so sweet ,just one more bucket LOL :)

You'll all like this...

The Maitland Mercury & Hunter River General Advertiser Thursday August 5 1869 said:
A Diamond.-On Monday or Tuesday last, an old man arrived in town with a number of rubies, garnets, sapphires, and a large diamond, which he had obtained somewhere on the Rocky River. The discovery of this diamond has caused a great deal of excitement in town. The Bank of N. S. Wales have advanced 700 -upon it The diamond is about the size of a hen egg, it is not yet known the real value of it.

Would be interesting to see what happened to it...

Ben78 said:
You'll all like this...

The Maitland Mercury & Hunter River General Advertiser Thursday August 5 1869 said:
A Diamond.-On Monday or Tuesday last, an old man arrived in town with a number of rubies, garnets, sapphires, and a large diamond, which he had obtained somewhere on the Rocky River. The discovery of this diamond has caused a great deal of excitement in town. The Bank of N. S. Wales have advanced 700 -upon it The diamond is about the size of a hen egg, it is not yet known the real value of it.

Would be interesting to see what happened to it...

who knows . that egg sized diamond could have sat on his mantlepiece for 30 years until his grandkids threw it out in the garden

;)

thats the optimist in me

wonder how many elderly people die and their relo's come along and take their mattress and writing desk to the tip without finding the $ 200,000 stashed inside them :eek:

What does facinate me about them is the patterns that seem to form on them , look like they have been hammered into the stones

1385035710_58445de2.jpg

Thanks headbut!
Some great patterns form on stones don't they.
One on that page from the Jericho mine Canada looks like a big mountain range. Beautiful. Cheers for the link, great resource. Well for me anyway! :p

Found these diamonds after a local told me a story of how he found a big shinny stone in some sand he was landscaping with. Didn't think much of it until a visiter said it was a diamond and could he have it to take to SA.
Well he returned after selling it for $5000 but not to share the money but find some more!
He had no luck finding the spot but I did! I listen carefully and drove all over those hills around hanging rock looking for that sand pit.
Was not sure at the time if I was on to a good thing but now I know a little better and will return one day.

Latest posts