You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Dihusky
26 May 2019 01:47 pm

Originally spotted on Gumtree about 3 weeks ago, I decided to stick my neck out and buy sight unseen. hmm Risky... yes but reconed that anyone who owns a VJ would tend to look after it.

Did the 1600km trip yesterday to collect, 1.30am start and home by 6.30pm.. kind of knackered, but had the new toy:

1558837956_vj.jpg

And it's in pretty good condition, new spindle bearings but otherwise a clean and a bit of tightening is all it needs.

Bunch of 6", 8" and custom made laps from some interesting materials, several coppers, one is 8" and 25mm thick and a similar sized bronze 20mm thick which as Dinah says, "weigh a baby tonne!" plus a 6" ceramic in need of some TLC, but all good to work with.

Then the bonuses; 29yrs of Facet Talk, had a quick browse last night and some fascinating articles and designs, plus an almost complete set of Long & Steele Facet Designs! What an amazing body of work.. only missing #7

Some interesting powders and potions, one; Ceric Oxide is going to the Chemist for disposal as it's toxic, then some Crystalite Extender and a brew "Tourm 88" can't find anything about it but am thinking it's a special polish for Tourmaline.

Yep happy smile smile smile

12 users like this post: goody2shoes, Firepanther, Mackka, LoneWolf, Ded Driver, Manpa, Gunna, Prooz, RM Outback, StoneTheCrows, Billy, Hard Luck

Mackka
26 May 2019 01:59 pm

Well done mate.
Mackka

Jaros
26 May 2019 02:20 pm

Crikey, that would have been about $400 in fuel--bloody long drive!!!! Were you alone or have a co driver?

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

Dihusky
26 May 2019 03:36 pm

Jaros wrote:

Crikey, that would have been about $400 in fuel--bloody long drive!!!! Were you alone or have a co driver?

Would have been if I took the 6x6, so took the wife's car, only about $120 in fuel, and no co-driver, not forgetting the $150 in Coffee smile smile smile smile

6 users like this post: Mackka, Ded Driver, goody2shoes, LoneWolf, Jaros, RM Outback

Martyz
26 May 2019 03:42 pm

It’s a shame you’re short on rocks to cut. That’s alright I can help solve that problem. smile
...although after a 1600km drive you’re probably not too keen to sit down straight away.

2 users like this post: goody2shoes, LoneWolf

Prooz
27 May 2019 07:03 pm

Good find, Dihusky just curious to raise the mast height, is it raised hydraulically? I was just looking at the knob on the left hand side with the drive belt going to it
and the vernier adjustment. Bet your happy with that.

Minelab Explorer SE. Minelab GPZ 7000 Equinox 800

Dihusky
27 May 2019 09:56 pm

Prooz wrote:

Good find, Dihusky just curious to raise the mast height, is it raised hydraulically? I was just looking at the knob on the left hand side with the drive belt going to it
and the vernier adjustment. Bet your happy with that.

All mechanical mate, the know on the left raises the lap, fine threaded bush on a keyed post. Very simple and beautifully engineered, just had that section apart to replace the spindle bearings. Now I have to tackle the hummmmmmm argh from the motor controller, circuit looks simple the only problem is I know less than nothing about electronics sad , strictly a mechanical mind.

Last edited by Dihusky (27 May 2019 09:57 pm)

2 users like this post: goody2shoes, LoneWolf

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site