What to look for and Where to look?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am trying my hand at fossicking this weekend, fingers crossed.. I have planned a weekend trip to sapphire bridge area with my partner and my grandparents. Both my grandparents have been gold prospectors for over 60 years now and my grandfathers knowledge on gold is incredible, but i am not sure how much of a cross over there is. I know when prospecting for gold you search the flow line on the inside bends, infront of obstacles between the eddies etc, what i dont know however, is if there are any places like this that apply to gemstones like sapphires etc? Are there particular landscape features that i should be looking for? (Apart from spinnels)
Thanks! :)

there is video on net wal and liz finding sapphires it will help you a lot will they are our guru's good luck might see you out there look for black stones not just blue some time it is dark blue I found out the hard way :)

Yeah i watched a few of them on youtube, they are the ones that inspired me actually. I will go check all the vids out, must of missed a few. I will probably come back with 200kg of pebbles from paranoia. :p

not as easy as it looks you will find them just takes time to learn what to look for keep looking good feeling when you find one good luck :)

Latest posts