Harness For GPZ7000 19 Inch Coil?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i am after a harness support to use the 19 inch gpz7000coil for 11 hours per day my shoulder is killing me after last trip using 19 inch 2 kilo brick coil i have hip stick and pro swing harness but after 11 hours of detecting the weight is too great i heard someone makes a support that can handle this weight any ideas welcome

I have meant to post some pictures of my setup. Have not got them yet but will try in next couple days. It takes all the weight of your arm and transfers it to your shoulder and hip. Very comfortable and others who have seen have all made similar setup. Cheap and easy to make TG

aussiefarmer said:
I have been tempted to put a big helium balloon on the 19 but im worried the roos would die laughing

Pisser :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pedro1965, No wonder your shoulder is aching, don't know anyone who detects 11 hours a day?
We are firm believers of positioning bungee cuff on shaft at the position if you pick up the machine by the bungee it hangs in you normal detecting position. Using two loops so bungee pulls from centre of chest from harness connections, connect and tension bungee so the machine hovers just above ground when you loosen grip on handle.
With cuff positioned too low or two high one end of machine becomes load bearing placing undue stress on arm/shoulder and back.
(We removed the back braces and positioning cups from the pro swing harness but do use the cross brace to support bungee and GPZ.)
Generally our detecting days are broken up into 3 X 2 hour sessions, stopping twice to refresh concentration and take in a cuppa/snack. We prospect as a hobby only, gold is the bonus.
Back in early days of Minelab release SD2000 we noted the majority of our gold was found in the first morning session, that's when we surmised it was because our concentration was at its best.

After removing the struts and cups from the pro find harness a few modifications, the set up now suits me perfectly and can swing the GPZ tirelessly.
(Not this year though TKR has put a stop to getting away.)
Note: Bungee anchor point is at the balance point of the machine, coil hanging down slightly when lifted by bungee.

1593739153_gpz7000_harness_mods_002.jpg

1593739154_gpz7000_harness_mods_004.jpg

1593739155_gpz7000_harness_mods_007.jpg

1593739436_gpz7000_harness_mods_010.jpg

1593739155_gpz7000_harness_mods_013.jpg

Latest posts