NF Evolution Coils Reviews

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
This has been done by "The Tester. "
I am " The Observer "
Chapter 1

It is that time of year when we gather our prospecting gear and decide where we'll be prospecting for gold this coming winter. I'll start this review with the new Nugget Finder flat wound coils, the Evolution series of which makes me fortunate enough to test out and dig some good gold with these great coils.

1557797864_scenery_1.jpg

This review is not about detector settings or detectors used, as these two things need an entire separate segment, so in saying that, these evolution coils will work great in both GPX4500 and GPX 5000 detectors.

I remember when the Minelab gpz 7000 came out and it's been the rave for so many with some good gold being found, it was like the GPX detectors were taken out of the picture. While all this was going on, Nugget Finder was quietly working on their new Flat wound Evolution Series.

Coiltek in the meantime managed to get their coils out before Nugget Finder did and enjoyed the benefits of that time, but I can tell you, once the new Nugget Finder Evolution coils came into the market, there was no denying the fact that they are the best built coils, this to me was the game changer.

My first Evolution coil was the NF 17x 13 Evo coil and it surprised me just how good this coil really was, finding even the smallest of gold, just like an SDC 2300, the thing that stood apart was the fact that the 17 x 13 Evo was getting gold at better depths than the SDC 2300, so from then on I knew this was competition for the Minelab gpz 7000 detector. Afterwards, I purchased a NF 15" EVO coil and I was digging 2 and 3 grammers @ nearly 2 feet deep. What I have noticed was the flat wound coils are getting smaller gold deeper down than the bundle wound coils and basically changed the way we are detecting which showed almost overnight with the bundle wound coils dropping in price in used coil sales.
The demand for these flat wound coils had taken off.

1557799140_coils.jpg

As much as I wanted to try the Coiltek elite coil and being the first to be released, I waited for Nugget Finder to bring their Evolution coils out because of quality and better resale value and not to mention a 3 year warranty.
This was a start to a new lease of prospecting life for us GPX users, who didn't want to upgrade.
This great news brought about a lot of us prospectors going over old ground again.

This is where my time with these new Nugget Finder Evolution coils came to a new level of detecting.
I then purchased a NF 12" round evolution coil and came back to my old ground that I've been over with a lot of coils and even the sdc 2300.
Using my trusty old gpx 5000 coupled with the12" evolution coil, I was picking up gold all over that ground, it was like I had found a new patch, on new ground, I was surprised to get this gold, small gold and deeper gold. I came back to this same area another 3 more times with the 12" EVO and each time, more gold. In particular a 1.3 gram nugget I found was only @ 8" deep but it was a specimen and only gave a slight whisper that I couldn't hear with the older style coils.
Some photos of the gold found with these coils.

1557799919_12x8.jpg

Chapter 2

My next coil I bought was the NF 14 x 9 evolution coil and coming back to the same ground, I was finding gold that I has missed with the 12" evolution coil, the 14x9 EVO being elliptical in shape was picking up gold that was thinner in shape and some gold that was on edge and even gold that was too small for the 12" EVO, I was digging up. I had a particular trip to a gully where I was getting trouble ground balancing, I was able to tune my gpx 5000 with the 14x9 EVO coil and I got a good signal that I couldn't get before because of the noisy ground, after digging down 14 inches, I picked up a 1.7 gram gold nugget, something I didn't expect, so again a surprise, a happy dance and a smile walking back to my 4x4.

Looking back with my time with these flat wound Nugget Finder Evolution coils, one thing that I found was that these coils were giving me a clearer signal than the previous coils used.

1557800386_showmethegold.jpg

Chapter 3

A little time had passed and Coiltek were out with another coil, a 9" mono elite coil.

Talking to Nugget Finder coils about a smaller coil than their already popular 14x9 EVO coil and after testing a couple of sized coils, it was decided that the 12x8 Evolution coil was the best suitable coil for overall performance and so the NF 12x8 Evolution coil was born. The reason behind this little coil was that it has the edge over the popular 14x9 EVO coil.
Now after my testing with this coil, I was completely blown away by how small the gold was that I was digging up, I'm talking about sdc 2300 type gold. I was even getting half grammars @ 9 inches and 0.2grammers deep down as well.
All this gold was coming from the ground that I have been going over for the last 7 years where I was struggling to get gold with the older style coils.

1557800819_12x8evo.jpg

(Tathradj Footnote. I was there when these pieces were recovered. Check how small they are. )

1557801446_gold.jpg

Chapter 4

While this is terrific news with these flat wound coils that Nugget Finder have produced for us GPX users so we can keep digging up more gold, deeper gold, smaller gold and even specimen gold, there is always some ground that is very hard to detect because of the mineral content it contains and so in saying that........

This is where the Impending release of these all new Nugget Finder DD X coils will allow us prospectors to go over these extremely mineralized grounds and get those gold nuggets that lie there out of reach.
Coming soon, so watch out for these new Nugget Finder DD X coils folks.
I hope you enjoyed reading my journey with these evolution coils and I hope you find just as much appreciation using them as I have!
Here's a sneak peek of the new NF DD X coils.

"The Tester. "

1557802963_ddxsneekpeek.jpg

Awesome write up Tathradj,
It cements my decision to purchase a Nugget Finder Coil after long decision process, Ill be getting the 15 round Evo next week. Sounds like it will be a great combo with my GPX 5000.

You will not be dissapointed.
I have one for my 4500 and QED.
Very very sensitive coil and it goes deep.
Be warned. You will be digging some shafts because of it. :cool:

PMac77 said:
Awesome write up Tathradj,
It cements my decision to purchase a Nugget Finder Coil after long decision process, Ill be getting the 15 round Evo next week. Sounds like it will be a great combo with my GPX 5000.

Great post Tathradj,

I enjoyed reading your journey with these great series of coils.

Tell me something ..can you see much of a difference between the 14x9 and the 12x8, your comments in more detail would be much appreciated about these two coils as I am thinking of getting the 12x8. I am currently swinging the 14x9 and 15inch evos with the 4500 and a smaller elliptical would push through the thick scrub easier. I would just like to know if I would be doubling up having the two or not.

Living on the NSW far South Coast not far away from you I love the elliptical coils due to the thick heavy vegetation in our forests.

Regards

Jack

Hi Jack,
The review was not written by me.
I corrected spelling, Grammar to a certain extent.
Edited it, Built the collages and posted it under my banner to protect
the person who wrote it.
I will happily do the same for any one. :) :)

Here in Australia we are blessed to have access to some of the very best
equipment in the world.
Most likely because we have the most mineralized soil profiles going that
really test things out.

I have a 12x8 myself. Won it in an Auction at Laanecoorie Gold Bash.
Very highly recommended.
Great for hunting in our over grown choked bush down here on
The Far South Coast.
(When I can get out and about. :awful: )

We all have our favorites. :) :)

I got the coiltek elite when it came out as I was impatient, ended up giving it away and got the NF evolution coils when they came out,coiltek and minelab have all become noisy where as the NF coils I have had have been bullet proof,I nearly got the new coiltek coils for the sdc but a quick call to Rohan soon changed my mind on that as they are not that far away and this time I will wait,NF are the best made coils,have the best performance and after sales service is better than any business I have ever dealt with

1557925917_9eb88034-7171-4f9e-aa5e-243d699e0fdf.jpg

NF 14 x9 on a target in iron stone country WA. .6 gram at 16 inches .

Great coil ,and I used it with a 15 inch spoked NF . Both coils will pick up small and large gold , with the 15 inch giving a fair bit more depth.

Hi Danny, This is an outstanding result. A .6gram @ 16" depth with a 14 x 9. My best result so far was a .6gramm @ 6" in fine gold with my 5000, I must be doing something wrong, can you share with us your settings,?. Regards, Hermann.

Peko said:
I got the coiltek elite when it came out as I was impatient, ended up giving it away and got the NF evolution coils when they came out,coiltek and minelab have all become noisy where as the NF coils I have had have been bullet proof,I nearly got the new coiltek coils for the sdc but a quick call to Rohan soon changed my mind on that as they are not that far away and this time I will wait,NF are the best made coils,have the best performance and after sales service is better than any business I have ever dealt with

Hi Peko..so are N/F going to bring their version out of the SDC coils? Sizes?

Jack

No, The Commander coils are very good at what they do.
Nugget Finder Coils are a Big improvement
and if you are a beginner, By all means, pick a coil
and go for it but learn your machine with the stock on it.
The NF coils are a bit trickier to use as they will increase
the sensitivity of your machine.

Think of changing from a Six Cylinder motor to a V8.
Same car but more guts.
You walk before you run.

You won't be disappointed. :) :)

hermann said:
Hi Danny, This is an outstanding result. A .6gram @ 16" depth with a 14 x 9. My best result so far was a .6gramm @ 6" in fine gold with my 5000, I must be doing something wrong, can you share with us your settings,?. Regards, Hermann.

Front end p
Special
Mono
Fixed

Fine gold
Rx 9
Stabiliser 16
Audio quiet
Audio tone 50
Target signal 14
Manual tune 235
Signal open up to 19
Response - inverted
Very slow

In that area below 2 inches it was fairly fine dirt , the base of the hole dug was 16inches , the nugget may of only been down 10 inches but by the time I located the nugget with the scoop - I was down deep. Just the slightest hint of threshold break and dig . Forgot to mention I had it on manual tune because of the emi that was around that day , however that was was not always the case . So adjust your settings to suit. I have a few programs saved for different scenarios for all my coils

Kind regards

A Message from "The Tester. "

The reason behind this NF Evolution coils Review was because I believe that this is the best aftermarket coil producer on the market and leader in coil technology.
I've used all the coils mentioned in this review and I'm happy to say that I have not had one problem at all with NF coils, ever.
I have used others and have had issues with them.
NF is the only coil manufacturer that offers a 3 year warranty and for very good reason, they are the best quality product made.
NF skid plates have a smooth finish so that you get less background noise created from rocks and stones which also helps to glide over the ground a lot easier.
NF used coils have a better resale value and sell faster that the others.
We all know how good NF coils are but the biggest drawcard for me and I'm sure others will agree is that NF coils are Australian owned, Designed and Manufactured right here in Australia.
This means one thing, helping Australian Manufacturing and keeping the people who work for NF coils (Aussie Jobs) stay in Australia.
We don't have many manufacturers left in Australia. Let's help to keep them here by supporting NF coils.
In the Prospecting side of things we know where other prospecting gear is made and it's not here.
My passion for gold prospecting has led me to acknowledge NF coils in more ways than one and I hope you understand me backing NF coils.
The rewards are threefold but I reckon it's a lot more than that.
I hope that I have inspired you good people to feel the passion in supporting Australian and the best coil manufacturer in Australia.

Cheers,
" The tester "

I have an Evo 17 x 13 tuned to my 5000 as if they were married from birth.
I am super confident that if I walk near a sniff of gold at depth it will not elude me. Absolutely love the combination and I reckon would run a Z pretty close.

GT :perfect: :D :Y:

Happy Jack said:
Peko said:

Hi Peko..so are N/F going to bring their version out of the SDC coils? Sizes?

Jack

When I spoke to Rohan he said they will be out in a few months, I said to him that I would wait as I am on holidays overseas for two months and they where going to do a couple of minor changes before release,so the wait wont be long when I get back to oz

Latest posts