Gold Newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Names Ben and im from Warneet in Victoria.
I have been relic hunting for the last 5 or 6 years and have recently just got more into gold prospecting. I have been to a few of the usual spots up around Castlemaine with a little success in the pan, but have more interest in trying to get onto some colour more local.
hope to be able to discuss all things gold,relics and detecting in general with you.

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum. You're just up the road from my sis in Koo-wee-rup.

Have you done any research on Walhalla at all? From where you are it's probably about the same distance as Castlemine. :goldnugget:

Deepseeker iv done a little bit. but from what i know of the area its very hard to negotiate to get into the areas where you can pan.
Castlemaine/Chewton is easy to get to, plenty of access to shops/petrol/food and water/ and the access to the sites is nice and easy in places.
Of course this means i dont get massive amounts of gold in my pan, but it just adds to the fun, and makes it a more enjoyable experience, especially when the boss and the dog join me.
unless of course someone wants to show me around the Neerim/tanjil/walhalla areas. haha

Hey roadkill. I live about half hour from warragul and am always happy to have a prospecting mate. If you're interested im no :pickshovel: expert but love a dig