Where do you keep your pin pointers?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im struggling to think of where to put it when Im out detecting. Ive tried it on a belt in its holster but found it just falling out and felt awkward. Where do you keep yours?

I carry a large ammo dump pouch for my finds, junk and pinpointer. Though I still have it tethered to my belt with the original lanyard. Reason for carrying it in the pouch - I wore out the original XP holder, and much easier to throw back in the large pouch vs fiddling around.

I keep my Pro-find 35 in the holster that came with it, on my belt at my side towards the back.

I carry a bucket with me when detecting, pinpointer, scoop and digging tools are all in the bucket, saves time I reckon from fiddling around with different tools from pouches, pockets, holsters. All finds, junk and trash go into the bucket as well, then I sort it when I get home.

I started using a bucket so I could put bulky rubbish like plastic bottles in it that I see on the beaches and parks.

Latest posts