SDC2300 Picking Up The Platinum Range Of Metals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
will be buying a sdc2300 and would like to use it for gold and osmiridium around Tasmanian creeks but just wondering would it pick up osmiridium or would that be balanced out anyone have an idea?

Thanks i will let you know would be very sub gram pieces probably around 0.1 of gram why i think the sdc be the best

indi said:
will be buying a sdc2300 and would like to use it for gold and osmiridium around Tasmanian creeks but just wondering would it pick up osmiridium or would that be balanced out anyone have an idea?

I'm wondering whether you're seen the following web page on Tasmanian osmiridium, which discusses likely areas to prospect:
https://www.appleisleprospector.com/osmiridium-in-tasmania/

It's very heavy stuff, so don't forget to take along a gold pan to sample the creek gravels.

grubstake said:
indi said:

I'm wondering whether you're seen the following web page on Tasmanian osmiridium, which discusses likely areas to prospect:
https://www.appleisleprospector.com/osmiridium-in-tasmania/

It's very heavy stuff, so don't forget to take along a gold pan to sample the creek gravels.
Yes, nearly all past production is alluvial (it was the Western world's main source I the late 1800s). However I am sure many would be using detectors now.....

Yes dont know anyone who metal detectors for it most i know pan or sluice but i thought i might try metal detecting closer to the source in the hope to get coarser material

indi said:
Yes dont know anyone who metal detectors for it most i know pan or sluice but i thought i might try metal detecting closer to the source in the hope to get coarser material
Problem is that many of the best source areas are in parks etc.

Latest posts