My Truck is almost Done,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Busting a gut this week trying to get my Truck ready for the roadworthy, I got to take it for a new exhaust on Thursday, I got the new Tyres fitted a couple of weeks ago, They are a seriously Tough Tyre and heavy being 10 Plies, I only went up an inch taller because I want to keep it at a reasonable height for Towing, But when it is sorted I will add a lift kit and 33's or 35's when I turn it in to a play thing,

J.

1556026746_no_step_2.jpg

Eski said:
Hey ridge, am i seeing a diesel? must have been an import. I was searching all over for one... wher'd ya get it?

Yeah Eski, It's a 2.5 TDI and if I don't lead foot it It will do about 40 MPG which is about 64.3 Ks to 4.55 Litres which is about 7.07 litres per 100ks But Normal driving it does about 30/32mpg, or 48.3 to 51.5 ks per 4.55 litres Which works out something like 8.85L per 100ks, This One is a 5 speed manual.

Mate I am in the UK but these Trucks are very common here and Cheap, You can buy them for around 1800AUD up to about 9k AUD I paid about 1850.00 which is about $3385.00 AUD that was in March 2017, Thing is this Truck has only done 81,600 Miles and that is confirmed on the GOV web site,

But their are loads of them here and they have come down in price since because the GOV told everyone to buy Diesels and when we did they changed their minds and now in parts of the Country we have to pay a Congestion Charge per day, So these trucks are very cheap as are many diesels over here

There are also heaps of Mitsubishi Delica's 4x4 Camper/People carriers over here too,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...hAhWTo3EKHe-FANMQsAR6BAgIEAE&biw=1366&bih=587

Rockhunter62 said:
Where is this Truck you keep talking about RR. All I can see is a soccer mum's car. :lol:

Cheers

Doug

LOL, Call it what you like it is still a Truck and can hold it's own with any other brand out there, In the Snow and Ice them and Isuzu Troopers 3.1D SWB are unstoppable, I spent 12 winters Towing people on Ice and Snow Up hill over dale, I Wouldn't mind a Troopy just for the extra space but this one is good off road and on it, and It has over 6ft of room in the back if I need it, and it has a GVM of around 5800kgs So it does it all, :Y:

Ridge Runner said:

Go the Paj... :perfect:

You were correct with the rear spoiler on the front windscreen of that Russian Pajero We were talking about RR... just haven't found one at a good price... yet... still looking... :/

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Ridge Runner said:

Go the Paj... :perfect:

You were correct with the rear spoiler on the front windscreen of that Russian Pajero We were talking about RR... just haven't found one at a good price... yet... still looking... :/

LW....

Yeah mate I thought it looked about right, I might add on to mine yet, NOT for the Sun just to keep the Snow and the Rain off, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer: :Y:

The 2.5 Challenger is the go, efficient, roomy, fast, doesn't drive like a tracktor. only reason Mitsu didn't bring it in diesel is because they wanted to protect the Paj, don't know how much good it did, people just bought other makes.

SWB isuzus are awesome but lacking in space. and unfortunately in au , not enough numbers....

Well I have had 2 Pajero Exceeds Mk II's and they were Automatics and were nice to drive but this Challenger is more responsive and it handles better too, the first thing I noticed was how it takes corners and when you hit speed bumps is does not bottom out, It does seem to have a lot more get up and go,

I like the Pajero Mk II's always have and they have a nice high roof line and a huge back door but the Challenger /Shogun Sport is just so well behaved and better on fuel if you drive it carefully and it has Coils all round PAS and AirCon Power windows and door locks and power Mirrors and Sun Roof, AND Real Gear Sticks not knobs or buttons so no playing space invaders to get it in to 4 Low :inlove:

But I like the Approach and departure angles and the higher clearance which is like that of the 1998/2005 L200 / Warrior Duel Cab And the only reason I didn't get the Warrior Duel Cab was because I wanted to be able to sleep it in if needed So the Challenger was the Go, My Isuzu Trooer 3.1TD SWB was a great little truck too and it had LSD in the back and it had awesome traction but it didn't quite have enough ground clearance although it was enough for most folks I just like the Lifted Look, But The Isuzu was brilliant just the same, and it was unstoppable in the Snow,

Warrior L200 Duel Cab

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=2...iAhW7WxUIHb-sCzMQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1366&bih=587

Latest posts