Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ded Driver said:
Goldpin Prospecting said:
Thank you for this thread, it only makes me more certain I want to purchase a GM 100.
The only issue is living where no gold is present really sucks, its an hr or two drive to the nearest detectable places 8.(
haha you have it easy. In WA most people (except the few die-hards) live within 100km of the coast & its a 7-8hr drive to Gold Fields ... even further if ya wana go to the northern fields (Murchison-Pilbara)

You are right, I feel better now ;)
That's quite a long drive, would most certainly be a long weekend away.

I bought mine 2 weeks ago, second time out with it today between jobs and only had 1 hour to detect, 10 tiny bird shot and 2 tinier bits of gold from an area I've been to 6 times in 4 years with 3 other detectors and never found gold here until today, after an hour when I had to go I called the boss to say I had to work tomorrow because I won't finish all my jobs before end of month next week (little white lie), he gave the green light so I'm going to have a really early start tomorrow and drive to Castlemaine and smash out 2 jobs before lunch, then back to this spot and get a few hours detecting in before heading home again.
I love this Gold Monster, so quick and easy to use and to produce 2 bits on my second time using it for 1 hr swing time in a place I'd all but given up on has put me on a big high today, awesome :)
1561103791_20190621_095827.jpg

1561103791_20190621_095840.jpg

Trash said:
ProspectorPete said:
Wishfull said:
Can we have some pictures of the yellow bits ?
:goldnugget:
Here's some of the shot found today with the two bits of gold, on the 5c in case you still can't see them :D https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1561104913_20190621_181144.jpg

Congratulations PP

Thats pretty impressive

Did you use factory settings or settings from this thread ...?

Thanks

Anthony
Hi Anthony, not sure what factory settings are but I use manual 10, all metal mode, after the advise on this thread and from a friend that runs a GM.
I went back out yesterday for a few hours to the same spot and got another 3 bits including a specie and about 6 bird shot, the GM is awesome once you know what you're listening for.

1561241944_20190622_150832.jpg

ProspectorPete said:
Trash said:
ProspectorPete said:
Wishfull said:
Can we have some pictures of the yellow bits ?
:goldnugget:
Here's some of the shot found today with the two bits of gold, on the 5c in case you still can't see them :D https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1561104913_20190621_181144.jpg

Congratulations PP

Thats pretty impressive

Did you use factory settings or settings from this thread ...?

Thanks

Anthony
Hi Anthony, not sure what factory settings are but I use manual 10, all metal mode, after the advise on this thread and from a friend that runs a GM.
I went back out yesterday for a few hours to the same spot and got another 3 bits including a specie and about 6 bird shot, the GM is awesome once you know what you're listening for.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1561241944_20190622_150832.jpg

Thanks for the reply

Congratulations

Happy days :Y:

Hi Macca,
Just curious to when you say "all metal mode" Is that what others are referring to as "deep" on the centre section of the screen?

If so does the TID display still function

Thanks

I use 8 most of the time 10 in quieter ground and in deep all metal. and yes the discriminator guage still works ,on larger metal targets it goes to the gold , right hand side anyway no matter if its in discriminator or deep.

Hey everyone. I just bought a gold monster and the control box is loose on the shaft. I have tightened both brackets as much as possible but it's still loose. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

rodnirene said:
Maccatuna, thanks for kicking this thread off. The GM1000 is what I have been thinking of, for my first detector. I might have to keep my eye on Anaconda.

Rod

Hey Rod they're down to $878 at Anaconda at the moment I just got mine today!

Seriously considering getting the GM 1000. Had my eyes on it for a few weeks now.

Presently $990 in Anaconda, so I missed the boat on the sale there. Didn't even know about it. Ah well, what can ya do?

Possibly get one this weekend while in Canberra. We'll see.

Never used a detector before, but the it seems like one I could get to know well.

Latest posts