You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Mugnut
16 April 2019 09:08 am

Hey Everyone,
I’m just reading through the list of exempt rivers and creeks and I have a question. On the site it says ‘Creswick Creek Tributary of Tullaroop or Deep Creek’ does that mean Creswick creek is out of bounds? Or just those 2 creeks in the tributary? Or all 3 but specifying those 2 in particular along with Creswick creek? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HippyProspecting
16 April 2019 10:06 am

Have a read of this mate.
There are some exempt creeks you are allowed to prospect in

https://parkweb.vic.gov.au/visit/popula … fossicking

If you can't convince them, confuse them

Mugnut
16 April 2019 12:19 pm

Thanks for the reply Hippy thumbsup , I guess my question was more to do with tributaries, eg with the Creswick river exemption how it has 2 creeks listed along with it(Tullaroop and deep creek), does that mean any other creek in the tributary is ok? I don’t feel as if I’m making what I’m asking clear enough, so apologies if that’s the case.

HippyProspecting
16 April 2019 12:37 pm

It's a bit of a minefield when researching for new places to prospect.

Im not familiar with the area but from my understanding deep creek and tallaroop are off limits but the other tributaries should be fine as long as they are not on the exempt list or managed by parks victoria.

If you can't convince them, confuse them

Mugnut
16 April 2019 01:10 pm

Cheers Hippy. Yeah it definitely is a minefield. The amount of cross checking I find myself doing is nuts, but’s it’s all part of the fun I guess roll . I guess I will just take what I read as literal as possible and if I ever come across anyone plead my case then. Thanks heaps for your responses perfect thumbsup

MegsyB007
20 April 2019 10:37 pm

"Creswick Creek Tributary of Tullaroop or Deep Creek".

This is saying that Creswick Creek, which is a tributary of Tullaroop Creek (that is also known as Deep Creek), is exempt. In short, both are no-go creeks.

Cheers,
Megsy

The Australian bush - love it - take care of it.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site