Travel Buddy Camp Oven

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Just myself a new 12v oven Travel Buddy, great for that meat pie or sausage roll on the go...Also getting some frozen foods like a Lasagna or Meatballs & rice for that quick & easy dinner when away on a prospecting trip with the boys, bang it in the oven and 2hrs later done because who wants to cook right.

Anyway lets start a new thread on this, anyone with one of these beauty's lets share some easy recipes that you prepared and start posting some pic's of the end results to drool over, I will start it off from the next upcoming Easter meet but if you have anything to share now please go for it :)

1555233523_12vltb.jpg

Redfin said:
A great product, the marine version pictured is better than the standard version, but at greater cost.
Keep in mind these draw a fair current, so should be used when travelling, not when your car is stationary [even with a solar blanket]
they start at just over 10amps , my system was designed to run this while stopped , on 2 100watt blankets i end up banking power as well as running the oven

ctxkid said:
Redfin said:
A great product, the marine version pictured is better than the standard version, but at greater cost.
Keep in mind these draw a fair current, so should be used when travelling, not when your car is stationary [even with a solar blanket]
they start at just over 10amps , my system was designed to run this while stopped , on 2 100watt blankets i end up banking power as well as running the oven

I'd love one of those things, but you cant find any thing like that here,

What price do they go for if you don't mind me asking,

J.

Thanks mate, I wonder if they would ship me one over, might cost a bit but it would be worth it I think,

I can get Gas powered burner and oven combo's over here but they are about the size of a 30L fridge.

J.

Ridge Runner said:
Thanks mate, I wonder if they would ship me one over, might cost a bit but it would be worth it I think,
I can get Gas powered burner and oven combo's over here but they are about the size of a 30L fridge.

I'm sure they would, John - here is what their Shipping & Returns page says:

Shipping
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Please also note that the shipping rates for items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page.

Shipping outside Australia
Please contact us directly on +61 (03) 5441 3388 or [email protected] to obtain a shipping quote for addresses outside of Australia.

ctxkid said:

I'll give it a try.
impressed with your lamb, combined with the meater will make lunchstops on a long journey a simple process.

grubstake said:
Ridge Runner said:

I'm sure they would, John - here is what their Shipping & Returns page says:

Shipping
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Please also note that the shipping rates for items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page.

Shipping outside Australia
Please contact us directly on +61 (03) 5441 3388 or [email protected] to obtain a shipping quote for addresses outside of Australia.

Cool thanks Mate, I have checked and there is nothing over here only Gas powered ones or ones that takes them 227 gas cartridges.

grubstake said:
Ridge Runner said:
I'd love one of those things, but you cant find any thing like that here,
What price do they go for if you don't mind me asking,
J.

Here's the manufacturer's website, showing the models and pricing:
http://www.12-24voltovens.com.au/products/

$260 is a good price, got mine for $265, took a bit of hunting around as most places are out of stock.
This place has just received new stock but be quick as they sell out very fast, I'm sure they will post out to you. :Y:
Also make sure you order the 12V version not the 220V easy to make the mistake and have to send it back :N:
https://www.prestigeoffroad.com.au/travel-buddy-12-volt-marine-oven.html

Great bit of kit that's for sure. Have had mine for about a year now.
Have cooked Lamb shanks, steak, small beef roast, Small lamb roast also party pies, sausage rolls, jam doughnuts, chicken nuggets.
What I Did notice though, most meat purchased from the larger supermarkets the moisture content is quite a lot.
So my last Lamb roast i put it with veggies in an oven bag to stop spillage.
Worked a treat. Especially when in the Vic High country.

Nightjar said:
Nothing beats a small fire, portable small hotplate with fold up legs and of course the tried and proven camp oven.
when next we meet i hope i'm cooking something yummy , i'll let you smell it and salivate :playful:

rule of thumb is once you can smell the yummy's it's an hour till your eating :cool:

The larger marine one (pictured) needs to be hard wired or plug changed to a anderson plug as they draw more power than the ciggy plug can handle, the smaller one will run on the ciggy plug as there only 6 amps. I have the smaller one in the truck and it's great. Cheers

Nightjar said:
Nothing beats a small fire, portable small hotplate with fold up legs and of course the tried and proven camp oven.

Very true, but, as the name suggests, you can use this whilst travelling which is the whole idea.

Redfin said:
Nightjar said:

Very true, but, as the name suggests, you can use this whilst travelling which is the whole idea.
yep nothing better to pull up and have your food ready :cool:

or on a day in camp put the solar out and do some slow cooking , awesomely universal :perfect:

trashmagnet said:
The larger marine one (pictured) needs to be hard wired or plug changed to a anderson plug as they draw more power than the ciggy plug can handle, the smaller one will run on the ciggy plug as there only 6 amps. I have the smaller one in the truck and it's great. Cheers

they start up at just over 10 amps and level at about 9.84 while hot

Latest posts