Todays Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont understand it, not a known area for gold the soil is like soup in winter with few small quartz stones popping up Cant find any information about it No gravey. No hard rock. Just plugly clay.

Then keep it under your hat as you follow up the gold.... soundin like the start of a rush if your not canny

1555743571_image.jpg

Still going, only dug a foot down and about 5liters of dirt washed, very flakey not much bony in them

Question How do I calculate the amount of oz per ton. If I'm getting 0.25grams of gold per 5L of dirt. Thinking 5L = 5kilo.
= 0.05 per kilo. If there is 1000kilo in the heap = 50grams per ton. = 1 and 1/2 oz per ton. Is this how calculate

Thanks. Mark

Hi Indi. Trying to find information about the area. The only gold mine is about 2kms away. It went down 90feet and had to stop because of water table. It's only a small outcrop of Quartz , in the middle of the bush. It runs about 20m going east to west Dug down only a shovel. All gravel Both sides of the line (about 2ft across) is what I call plug clay. Bloody boggy when wet. I did a heat test on the silver with a blow torch. Never melted. Spoken to mines dept in Ballarat. No exploration claims in the area. So far 2nuggets. Weight.in total 0.66grams and flakely reef gold at 1.25grams for 3 buckets of about 5 litres of dirt. There is no water, no rivers or dams for miles. This mostly why no mining been done. Thinking I need help from a pro. I'm only a part time prospector not a miner. I like reading the ground. What was there 100's of years ago. Love researching and more research but Funny thing thou. The bottles was found about 50 feet from the outcrop. Lots of broken ones in a small pit. So there must have been and old camp there at one stage. Anyway back in Philippines for a birthday. Back in 3 weeks. Doing more research in the hills. Life is good.

I think that you will find that dirt/gravel will be about 1.5 kg to the litre container. If in doubt just weigh a litre container of it on your kitchen scales. We used to use 1.5 tonne to the cubic metre out at the mines as a quick reference.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts