Has anyone tried hiring a van, camper, RV or Teardrop

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently came across the practise of hiring our this gear for weekend road / camp / bush warriors.

Not having heard of it before I was wondering if anyone here hires out this sort of thing ?
OR
has rented this type of thing ?

I would have thought it would be expensive, particularly if you trashed something or it was trashed by accident.

Any thoughts please ?

Yeah Redfin,

That's the one that got me curious if people that enjoy the outdoors, go to the extent of hiring the towable campsite,

At $7 per day for insurance to start, it isn't too bad, the site is a startup with funding by NRMA insurance.

But marketed to owners as a good way to make some spare cash... I dont know ? It strikes me that the owners are
the only ones taking the big risks with their expensive gear.

Impose conditions and vet potential customers.
One of the most capable off road trailers built is on Camplify, with conditions
of strictly no off road, only renters under 35, no kids, non smoking, no pets, etc etc.
Wonder if it will ever move out of his garage.

One of my favorite fishing spots is Lake Wallaga in NSW
So now I can tow my boat up there and give this bloke a ring.
https://www.camplify.com.au/rv/hard...fsc-camper-hire---cruizer-camper-trailer/8560
He'll set ip up for me and pick it up when I leave.
Easy as.

I have hired a Camper Trailer from Johnno's camper trailer hire at Redland Bay... Cost was around $120 per day including insurance, but I got a small discount as a mate has done some work for them. Not too bad as there was a few of us, so we shared costs.. They are a great way to see what type of camper will suit you, Forward fold, Rear fold or side fold before you buy one... There are quite a few mobs out there hiring them now, even Gumtree has a few ads now... If you choose to hire one over a busy period like Easter, then you will pay more....

LW.....

Daughter made good coin :Y: from hiring her van when otherwise parked up. Her best hire was an interstate couple who towed it 5km from her house for a weekend that netted $700.00 in her pocket :Y:

Interesting concept with variety of cost's depending on age and condition, it's all the rage with vehicles now too :eek: funny how some people make a quid.

The average joe has 4 weeks holidays a year, and the average long weekend.
Why spend 50k on a van when you can do this?

Hey Mackka, half the fun is trying to remember what you were told when you picked it up about the set-up and pull down... :lol: :lol:

I see so many caravans and campers just sitting in their yards not being used... Our Neighbour has a van and camper trailed and both haven't moved for over 4yrs.... close to $60,000 just sitting there... :rolleyes: :/

LW....

Latest posts