Nice Bit Of Gold With The Gold Monster.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1553075553_img_20190320_204702.jpg

Reg Wilson said:
It's not how good the detector is, it's where you wave it. Always has been, always will be.

So correct Reg , for the last 40 years almost all known gold ground has had detectors wave over it , people keep buying more expensive machines with the expectancy of having an advantage over past detectors .

Minelabs 2100 & 2200 with good coil choice can still perform :)

jack .

Thanks clint. Did it go off on hot ground you gotta be able to differentiate the sounds between hot rocks and gold?

It sounds similar.but gold has a wobble pop noise to it. Do you wear the headphones?

No i don't mate maybe i should. I was using the monster near bendigo full maunal full sensitivity it went off everywhere lol but i guess if i went over gold ill know about it...maybe next time ill put it gold mode insted of all metal

clint3 said:
It sounds similar.but gold has a wobble pop noise to it. Do you wear the headphones?

Don't make the mistake of thinking you know what gold sounds like. You could line up six different pieces of gold and get six different sounds and some of them will sound just like you'd expect from a bit of rusty iron or lead. I've walked along through the junk just digging the gold-like sounds then after pinging one on what should have been a screaming piece of rust I've had to go back and retrieve the nuggets that I'd previously decided were junk :8

Ps: I don't have a GM.

Latest posts