Nexus 30" and 21" Concentric Coils For Minelab GPX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny13 said:
Price is 560 euros . If you hold off a year the one metre or 41 inch concentric coil should be available :Y:

Just wondering where that price is from? The link I put up above is a thread that has the manufacturer on it and there is plenty of discussion of a $4,800 price tag and there is no mention that it is wrong.

Im not saying you are wrong but seems like a massive price reduction if its true. The maker is from a European country somewhere, maybe it was $4,800 Bulgarian dollars. I dunno :D

It's interesting that they are running these things on a 4500. There is a guy on gumtree trying to sell a 40x20 Coiltek skid coil and in his listing he says that you can only run it on a 4500 and not a 5000. I would have thought if anything, with a 5000 you would basically just have a 4500 with a couple more timings/settings options?

Geez that has some power, I thought my 15" Concentric was beast, hitting stuff over 3ft/90cm and air testing way in to fantasy figures but this Whopper is unreal, :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Thanks for posting it,

J.

Ded Driver said:
came across this video today.
"Test of Minelab GPX 4500 with Nexus 30" Concentric Carbon Fiber search coil on highly mineralised ground littered with infinite amount of magnetic stone fragments of any possible size."
who would like to dig holes a couple of metres deep for coins :lol:
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpElDur7dhI[/video]
curious as I haven't seen these before
http://www.nexusdetectors.com/products.html

How about a big, I mean really big chunk of Australian gold at that depth?

Candigger,
I just had a look at the test videos for the 30cc coil.
If that coil can achieve those depths consistently in Aussie souls, and if it can handle the mineralization in Australia, then I for one would pay that kind of money for it because I know there is a lot of good gold, particularly larger nuggets, laying at those depths waiting to be found.
But- I would want to see it being run over hot ground to see if it can handle those minerals, and Id want to see it first hand for myself before I laid out that kind of money.
Are you offering the chance for people to meet up with your Aussie tester (Matt?) to see that thing live?
If so I would love to come and have a look when he does take it out in Vic again.
And the same goes for that 40.....

Chris

Ded Driver said:
thing is Candigger, these coils are unproven on gold in Australian conditions

I guess that's what could be the deal breaker on this coil, along with its price tag.
As I think I've mentioned before in an earlier post, as an owner of a GPX 5000 I could sell it, take the roughly $4000 I could get for it, add my coils etc and add a few hundred more to the pile, then put all that money together with the $3,900 that this coil costs, and I could go and buy myself a good second hand GPZ 7000.

If you're then saying that this will make a GPX better than a GPZ, well that's where I think someone needs to put their development money towards a big mofo gold nugget and prove it. Whether you beg, buy, borrow, or find one yourself, it's a claim/ inference that needs to be backed up.

I think what the killer is here, as someone else mentioned in an earlier post is Price Point. If you were pitching a $4,000 coil to someone with a $1,000 detector, and it was proven that they could bolt it on and it could equal a 7000 on Australian Goldfields then I'd say you were on a winner. But essentially you are asking owners of machines that along with the price of the coil, are worth a good second hand 7000 still with a warranty. It doesn't make sense.

When you say "How about a big, I mean really big chunk of Australian gold at that depth?" well, I guess that's what it's going to take if you want people to have confidence in your product nowadays. I own a large Detech SEF coil, that I have seen Stinky Pete test over REAL gold nuggets at depth, as well as find nuggets in the ground with it. I own a 20" NF advantage, and I've seen JP pull large nuggets out of the ground using a large NF advantage coil. I'm looking to buy a 15" NF Evo, and once again i've seen Nenad pinging little nugs in tailings in Avoca on YouTube with a 12" Evo.

But really, with this Nexus 30" coil all I've seen so far is some guy I've never heard of trying to impress me with the depth of a soft drink can. Sorry, but for me it doesn't cut it, as I'm already an expert at finding deep trash with the coils that I already own and I'm sure as hell not interested in paying $4,000 to dig even deeper holes for junk.

I often see posts on foreign websites by well known European detectorists looking for deep gold Roman coins/artifacts etc., on flat green pastures. I'm sure you could swing such a big coil over such clear benign ground with success, but I'd just like to see it used by someone experienced with the many different vagaries of Australia's many different gold bearing areas. And yes, I expect to see them pull some serious gold out of the ground with it from somewhere, or at the very least conduct some meaningful tests.

As for your personal comments on Reg in the now locked thread, he appears to me to be a character who calls a spade a spade, and colorful language is generally not something we condemn someone for here in Oz, and I'm yet to see any "foul-mouthed" comments from him by the way. Personalities aside, the man has found more gold on Australian Goldfields than most of us on here ever will in our lives. You won't win converts by going into the Dojo and denigrating the Sensei.

1561344348_capture.jpg

If it is as good in real life on real gold as the claims made about it then its a game changer, especially on 50-100oz+ gold.
It may even be a game changer like the 2000 was over the vlfs because of the target size its built for.
But a man would be a fool to throw money at it without seeing for himself it working.
I would certainly snap one up if given the chance to test it and it measures up.
Im willing to give a new product a go if its legit.

another aspect is, there comes a point where you question "how deep do you want to dig in 30-40+deg in HARD ground for a maybe target" in a WA goldfield?
assuming you're not a nutter digging in 50deg :playful: apologies to any nutters who do :lol:

If these coils can find a target (gold?) at extreme depth, do you really want to try & dig it up in those conditions to find it isnt gold after all?
yeah nah not me.
Maybe in soft farmland somewhere in Victoria in the middle of winter .. but not over here :N:

Ded Driver said:
another aspect is, there comes a point where you question "how deep do you want to dig in 30-40+deg in HARD ground for a maybe target" in a WA goldfield?
assuming you're not a nutter digging in 50deg :playful: apologies to any nutters who do :lol:

If these coils can find a target (gold?) at extreme depth, do you really want to try & dig it up in those conditions to find it isnt gold after all?
yeah nah not me.
Maybe in soft farmland somewhere in Victoria in the middle of winter .. but not over here :N:

Usually if it's any deeper than 3 inches it's gold. The deeper I have to dig the better.

Chrisco said:
Candigger,
I just had a look at the test videos for the 30cc coil.
If that coil can achieve those depths consistently in Aussie souls, and if it can handle the mineralization in Australia, then I for one would pay that kind of money for it because I know there is a lot of good gold, particularly larger nuggets, laying at those depths waiting to be found.
But- I would want to see it being run over hot ground to see if it can handle those minerals, and Id want to see it first hand for myself before I laid out that kind of money.
Are you offering the chance for people to meet up with your Aussie tester (Matt?) to see that thing live?
If so I would love to come and have a look when he does take it out in Vic again.
And the same goes for that 40.....

Chris
Hi Chris.

Anyone interested in the coils performance can go to Matt and ask to test it personally.
The coil that is with Matt is only a prototype.
The coming to Australia CC coils will have something special that Matt's coil does not have. A small device that will shift the coils performance from high mineralization conditions to maximum depth. It was necessary to develop this addition before official release of these coils as the ML GPX are limited in their performance while working with DD or any other coils that have both TX and RX loops in them.
So in essence the Nexus CC coils will be capable to give the maximum output of a equivalent size Mono coil or work on highly mineralised soils by choice. In maximum depth mode the coil adds another 8" or so on all of those cans, lead slabs and big gold nuggets Matt is using for tests..

Regarding the remark )by someone else) about the coils not been proven in Australia's hot soils - this is not very accurate. The coil in Matts was tested by another reliable tester (before it got to Matt) on mineral level 7 out of 10 in dry conditions and it handled that without any trouble in Cancel, Fixed, Normal, Deep and FP.

Deepseeker said:
Ded Driver said:
thing is Candigger, these coils are unproven on gold in Australian conditions

I guess that's what could be the deal breaker on this coil, along with its price tag.

The deal breaker will be if you guys can wait and see what happens later. After all Australia is not next door and it is not by a snap of a finger to sort everything you ask for.
Now about the price tag, let me explain.
From the price of 3900 Australian we have to deduct shipping cost ( about 400 Australian), 20-25% dealers discount(to make it worthwhile for anyone to sell them), import duties and GST in Australia that amounts over 20% and not in the last place the cost of those Carbon Fibre shells that no one in Australia wants to even undertake to manufacture (I already asked quite a few companies).
You see the problem with anything that is build on an expensive platform is that it only gets more and more expensive, not the other way.
And unfortunately there is no way to get a 30" coil light enough (below 1200 grams) and make it useable if these materials are not used. There is no way around this.

Your biggest problem is having some #$%^&*€£ promote them along side his LRL's.

Distance yourself from him, go quiet and get it sorted, then get them into the hands of some trustworthy testers that have a bit of integrity within the industry.

Price wise, I can only speak for myself but I'd pay what ever the tag was if it works. After all, $5000 for a coil on a $5000 machine is not much difference from the price of a GPZ.

If you are a prospector who targets big gold you have to be prepared to many big holes for nothing but rubbish.
When its gold in the hole its more than worth it.
Bring on deep holes, lots of rubbish and BIG gold!

madtuna said:
Ded Driver said:

yeah nah not me.

Usually if it's any deeper than 3 inches it's gold. The deeper I have to dig the better.
yeah true, but you're mad..tuna :lol:
ps, do YOU dig 1.5m holes in hard ground in 50deg? :pickshovel: :goldnugget: :playful: :skull:

Ded Driver said:
madtuna said:
Ded Driver said:

yeah nah not me.

yeah true, but you're mad..tuna :lol:
ps, do YOU dig 1.5m holes in hard ground in 50deg? :pickshovel: :goldnugget: :playful: :skull:
Can't say I have, I usually wouldn't detect in 50 deg and don't know anyone who would, I draw the line at about 35-36.
But I've dug 1 metre holes in 30+.

Latest posts