Minelab E-trac, Equinox thoughts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In general, they make some pretty amazing machines. Good warranty and service if required. Good re-sale value.

The Equinox in particular with its Multi IQ technology and the list of extras (light, waterproof, audio options, etc), has really put the pressure on other manufacturers. And the price point is pretty nice too.

If you are asking about the e-Trac in particular I'm no help. Others should be able to advise if it is worth the extra $500 or so more than the Equinox 600.

The Etrac is a reasonably advanced detector and possibly a bit complex if a first time user, though there are some inbuilt programs for those just starting out. It does well on deep high conductor coins, has more advanced discrimination than the Equinox and has a good selection of aftermarket coils available, though downsides include the weight, slower recovery speeds, and if beach detecting is a priority it is also not waterproof, only the coil is.

If you prefer a lighter waterproof and more simple detector that covers most fields of detecting, then either the Equinox 600 or 800 may fit the bill more.

e-Trac is a great machine be it a tad out dated...

Plenty of machines out there and ALL have PROS and CONS. There is no one machine that does everything...

You need to carefully consider what sort of hunting you are thinking of and also the Area/Ground where you might be wanting to hunt- only then can you start to narrow down the choices.

Until then your just poking the Bear :)

But as I have said b4 there are 3 things that matter.....

A: Location
B: User
C: Machine

As without the right Location and User skills, even the best machine will not be able to provide results.

Or to put it another way;

A good Location and experienced User can do really well with a basic machine.

The Equinox is worth looking at as would be the Nokta/Makro range all about the same price, it depends on how much you want spend 1st up, how easy it is to get to sites & if you want to be able to chase a bit of gold as well as coins & stuff, got to get a baseline cost that your comfortable spending.

Second hand e-tracs are an absolute bargain at the moment with so many upgrading to the Nox. If funds are tight, its a great way to go.

Still Current model?? I believe. I love Paul from Youtube Cointector using E-trac. Silver sounds is almost as sweet as Xp Deus`s :drooling: . I think Etrack can load custom program as well. Many many third party coils available for it.
BUT not waterproof!

Latest posts