MDC Robson XTT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
Anyone on here own a Robson XTT camper. I am looking at buying one and want to know what issues you may have had with it pros and cons that sort of thing. I would love to buy all Australian made but when you are on a bugget and the cost of the Australian equivalent is around the 50 k mark the Robson XTT looks ok.

Hi Shaker,

Best of luck looking for an all Australian made camper. I believe the Kimberly Kamper are but their doors are now closed.

We bought the MDC Cruiser Highside Forward Fold back in Sep 2016 in Townsville and taken it all over Oz since then. As all Chinese made campers you would exspect to have problems but nothing that can't be fixed. A few design problems had to be rectified.

Had a couple of shockies start leaking on our first big trip but got replacements. One levelling strut blew the gears. These were replaced with no hassle when I went to see them. I guess I was bigger and uglier than the store manager.

We use our camper for what it is designed for and apart from some minor issues this camper is still going strong. As with everything you buy now, expect things to break. Hilux's aren't unbreakable, Lambouginis burn and all camper trailers have issues.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Shaker,

Best of luck looking for an all Australian made camper. I believe the Kimberly Kamper are but their doors are now closed.

We bought the MDC Cruiser Highside Forward Fold back in Sep 2016 in Townsville and taken it all over Oz since then. As all Chinese made campers you would exspect to have problems but nothing that can't be fixed. A few design problems had to be rectified.

Had a couple of shockies start leaking on our first big trip but got replacements. One levelling strut blew the gears. These were replaced with no hassle when I went to see them. I guess I was bigger and uglier than the store manager.

We use our camper for what it is designed for and apart from some minor issues this camper is still going strong. As with everything you buy now, expect things to break. Hilux's aren't unbreakable, Lambouginis burn and all camper trailers have issues.

Cheers

Doug

Unfortunately I have to concur......you are a rather large unit and unlike me being blessed with ample handsomeness, not real pretty on the eye :D

madtuna said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Shaker,

Cheers

Doug

Unfortunately I have to concur......you are a rather large unit and unlike me being blessed with ample handsomeness, not real pretty on the eye :D

Look here Brad, you keep that up and Carol and I are going to come looking for you. :fistpump:

Cheers

Doug

1552597656_wp_20170910_10_16_06_pro.jpg
Ours folded , there not the quickest to set up and even longer to pack up , but you get into a system of doing it after a few times. :pickshovel:

shakergt said:
I might have come across an Australian made camper that looks like it may do the job I need it for. At $34000 it's right on the edge of what I would like to pay for a camper. It sleeps six if need be but four comfortably. I will check them.out at the Perth caravan and camping show next weekend.

https://bluewatercampers.com.au/camper-trailers/lachlan-forward-fold-family-camper-trailer/

Hi Shaker,

I would think that the trailer body would of been made in China like most of the others but has Aust components fitted to it for your build. I will stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Cheers

Doug

I was thinking that Doug. Lovells suspension is in Queensland and I know the canvas is Australian, besides that I do not know much more. I will be having a good look next weekend at this to see what they are like.

The weight would kill it for me. At 1.6 tonne empty and dry you would probably be dragging over 2 tonne once loaded :/
Areas I go you would struggle to get it there.
Again depends on one's specific needs :)

That is the same weight as my 6 meter, 6 berth with shower/ toilet family van

Shep said:
That is the same weight as my 6 meter, 6 berth with shower/ toilet family van
Certainly acceptable weight for a van, but for a camper trailer ( Bluewater) needs a strict diet me thinks. :mad:
Have a camper solid steel checker plate as tough as nails and loaded with 120 litres and 400 kg of bikes plus food is still under 1.6 tonne?
Even with understanding benefits of unsprung
Weight, why alloy wheels on an off roader ? Appearance amounts to zero in the middle of whoop creek :eek:
They crack and fracture :eek: Steels will almost always get you home even if with the help of a hammer :D

Latest posts