Detecting SAs Equinox 600 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Maybe a grass fire at some stage.

I guess its possible, damage seems pretty localised to certain parts of the coin though.

I wonder if the coin being heated could be the cause of the yellow tone

Might have an explanation, this from a Facebook coin group I posted on:

1557012599_7bbf1033-57aa-4857-84a0-7757cc667cd1.jpg

Definitely sounds like a plausible explanation

Went out for hunt #56 today, got permission from a lady who found a mortar shell in her property a few years ago and the military came out to dispose of it haha! She saw my Facebook ad and invited me down to check for anymore ordnance :lol:

Found no bombs thankfully but did come up with some goods:

1557050888_50b2f9b2-495b-476f-b4c1-474cd629a5f0.jpg

Lovely little buckle with flower engravings!

And dog tag #4, this time 1895 (didnt have this shape yet so pretty happy with that, my dogtag collection is going strong!)

1557050992_65e872b4-b03f-487c-b424-9fc960be583a.jpg

Heres everything else: Im hoping the buckle is silver but Im doubtful of that! No idea why I found 6 sinkers no where near any water in the middle of a paddock but there ya go!

1557051055_2a1e0410-d70a-4b71-9c4f-a4d6ae7bdd9f.jpg

Next hunt will be Wednesday, got private permission on an old 1850s copper mine site which had small amounts of gold found there!

Cheers!

Nice buckle DetectingSa.The buckle looks cool.Regarding the sinkers in the middle of a paddock,they were probably used in a slingshot.Kids out trying to take down a rabbit or something.

Sniffed around an old 1850s mine site today for hunt #57:

1557304117_62b5c062-4a38-4ee8-a39c-3e8e5053631a.jpg

1557304117_3f03db0d-e6b4-4362-bec7-74da6ff0596e.jpg

1557303949_6ab754ed-964c-4083-b215-a6d151fe69ff.jpg

$12sih, few roo pennies, lock plate, lovey 1879 Brit penny, 1912 thrip!

This half penny though, has had a rough life, Ive never seen a coin so slick!:

1557304064_0e1fcc4c-4a8a-431d-bf33-7debd5f7012b.jpg

Not a single buckle or button, pretty disappointed on the relic front but there ya go!

Nice old penny there. Be gentle cleaning it as the beautiful green patina is usually quite fragile.

silver said:
Got a silver though DSA....that's a beauty.
:power: :cool: :Y:

Yeah that was pretty well the only saving grace of the day, oldest Aussie silver so far, shame there wasnt a few more! Ive been detecting the last few permissions with the bloke I sold my 400i too, hes about 40 hours in and hasnt got a silver yet, our last two permissions I snagged the only 2 silvers to be found :lol:

Dave79 said:
Nice old penny there. Be gentle cleaning it as the beautiful green patina is usually quite fragile.

I just used a soft toothbrush to take some of the dirt off, couldnt get it all but that will do! Shame the thrip isnt in better nic, scarce coin worth a few bob in good nic, not that Id sell it anyway :p

1557357711_2b26a481-0fd8-4976-b489-82b4efbe21f6.jpg

Awesome penny, I can't get enough of the brass ones they are always in great condition for their age.

Just got onto a new promising spot for hunt #58

but Im left early because I had a pretty sketchy interaction.

I was on the park in view on the street, car pulls up and an African fella jumps out, walks around his car to the passenger side and leans on the front side panel smoking his cigarette watching me. At this point I give up on my hole and stand up directly facing him so he can see I have my shovel and edge digger on my hip.

He flicks away his smoke and casually gets in his car and drives away.... I dont care if anyone thinks Im stereotyping but Im pretty certain old mate was gonna to try to rob me!

I decided to get out of these incase old mate came back with friends :argh:

Unfortunately I was only there for about 45 mins so these were my only finds:

1557727008_f73df275-e981-43d8-819a-8cc59109986e.jpg

Probably been laying together for the last 50 odd years!

Cheers

Bugger mate. Pity we have to look over our shoulders these days. Good finds.. looks promising

DetectingSA said:

I was on the park in view on the street, car pulls up and an African fella jumps out, walks around his car to the passenger side and leans on the front side panel smoking his cigarette watching me. At this point I give up on my hole and stand up directly facing him so he can see I have my shovel and edge digger on my hip.

He flicks away his smoke and casually gets in his car and drives away.... I dont care if anyone thinks Im stereotyping but Im pretty certain old mate was gonna to try to rob me!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7008_f73df275-e981-43d8-819a-8cc59109986e.jpg

Cheers

Better safe than sorry. Lotsa dodgy characters out there and a detector is a target.

Got a thrippy though mate.... that's all that matters there !
:power: :cool: :Y:
Just remember the early bird something the worm
:poop:
:bomb:
:fire:

Probably only wanted the detector lol
DetectingSA said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7008_f73df275-e981-43d8-819a-8cc59109986e.jpg

Cheers

flyrodder said:
Probably only wanted the detector lol
DetectingSA said:

Cheers

He wouldnt have gotten the detector... hed have got the shovel, at a quite high velocity :fistpump:

Latest posts