It's Sale Time At Anaconda Again!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grubstake

Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes the 600 about $720 instead of $1000 :eek:

They are great deals. Makes me feel sorry for Phasetech and Coiltek and those sort of dealers trying to compete and still make a profit.

Miners Den told me a few years ago that they have to sell Minelab detectors at a certain price - but they can give discounts on accessories. Is that right? Is that the same for all dealers? If so, how can Anaconda put such specials out?

Northeast said:

They are great deals. Makes me feel sorry for Phasetech and Coiltek and those sort of dealers trying to compete and still make a profit.

Miners Den told me a few years ago that they have to sell Minelab detectors at a certain price - but they can give discounts on accessories. Is that right? Is that the same for all dealers? If so, how can Anaconda put such specials out?

I'm certain your right about the Minelab agent pricing Northeast I was told the same thing when I purchased my SDC through Central West Prospecting Supplies. I was told all agents are given the same selling price and can only compete with discounting add on's. Maybe the agents need to target Minelab as a whole and challenge the Anaconda deals. I will always support the independents were ever I can, it's the personalised service and after sales service that comes back in spades if you find the right agent. I'm not trying to discredit Minelab their after sales service is great from my experience but there seems to be some type of advantage in Anacondas favour :N:

grubstake said:
https://www.anacondastores.com/camping-hiking/electronics/metal-detectors

Gold Monster = $879.20

Equinox 600 = $799.20

The X-Terra and a couple of Go-Find models are also on sale.

These detectors are also available through Anaconda's eBay store and for a limited time, eBay are offering an extra 10% discount off the above sale prices:
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?...=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=minelab&_sacat=0
If you buy through ebay you can get an extra 10 percent off till the 11/3/19. Cheers Noel.

RM Outback said:
Northeast said:

I'm certain your right about the Minelab agent pricing Northeast I was told the same thing when I purchased my SDC through Central West Prospecting Supplies. I was told all agents are given the same selling price and can only compete with discounting add on's. Maybe the agents need to target Minelab as a whole and challenge the Anaconda deals. I will always support the independents were ever I can, it's the personalised service and after sales service that comes back in spades if you find the right agent. I'm not trying to discredit Minelab their after sales service is great from my experience but there seems to be some type of advantage in Anacondas favour :N:

If that's the case, it should be taken up with Minelab via the ACCC. Retail price maintenance is illegal:

https://www.accc.gov.au/business/anti-competitive-behaviour/imposing-minimum-resale-prices
It is illegal for suppliers to:
- put pressure on businesses to charge their recommended retail price or any other set price, for example by threatening to stop supplying to the reseller
- stop resellers from advertising, displaying or selling goods from the supplier below a specified price.

It is also illegal for resellers to ask their suppliers to use recommended price lists to stop competitors from discounting. In most cases, a supplier may specify a maximum price for retail.

Also they stock the nox 800. Went into buy a gold pan kit.

Kinda pissed as I asked them via online form as you are dealers can u get the equinox 800 in if so can can I get a price.

Told nope our full range is online.

Nox 800 comes to just over 1k.

But my only other real hobby is shooting so I always get gift vouchers for andonda ??
As its the closest manly place to my mothers and she walks everywhere.
P

Went in to Anaconda over the weekend as they had a sale on....didnt have an Equinox 800 on display but when I asked if they could get one in they said they have them out the back...picked it up for $1039 so I was happy with that....I haven't seen them any cheaper.

Now to learn how to use it but this forum is proving to be invaluable. :Y:

Oh lordy! Just got them to put one aside. I am stoked. Thanks for the tip Heathen. I saw the ad with the 600 but didnt think it included the 800 for obvious reasons :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts