Checkout this Awesome Fridge

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I Just seen this posted else where and it looks like an Awesome Idea, the person who posted it has owned one for 2 and a half years running it 24/7, It has a built in lithium battery backup that can power it for up to 12 hours and it has a fold out 100w solar panel, and they make 2 models a 25L and a 50L,

Enjoy,

https://www.deltacron.com/solar-energy-products/

John.

need to look into this a bit more, but beware it calls it a COOLER & says "a temperature range of +10 to -20 degrees celsius.
My daughter naively bought her husband a 'cooler' (not 1 of these tho) last year thinking it was a fridge, to discover after purchase it was only a solid state 'cooler' & didnt get very cold. Usually about 10-15deg below ambient
i will follow up to find out if it is a Compressor Refrigerator, or just a solid state cooler
stay tuned

Ded Driver said:
need to look into this a bit more, but beware it calls it a COOLER & says "a temperature range of +10 to -20 degrees celsius.
My daughter naively bought her husband a 'cooler' (not 1 of these tho) last year thinking it was a fridge, to discover after purchase it was only a solid state 'cooler' & didnt get very cold. Usually about 10-15deg below ambient
i will follow up to find out if it is a Compressor Refrigerator, or just a solid state cooler
stay tuned

Yeah, the guy who posted it says it will go down to -25*c and it has a Danfoss/Secop BD35f Compressor, But -25*c is a bit on the chilly side Ay, Still it's a good concept and they are put out by a Canadian Company so they should be ok ?.

I am waiting for a new cash card to turn up so I can order the transit bag and slide for the 78L I bought, I can't wait to test that one out,

Patent pending solar........... :idea:....think its out there already ;)

awesome idea for the battery in built :perfect: being lithium wont be too heavy :power:

ctxkid said:
Patent pending solar........... :idea:....think its out there already ;)

awesome idea for the battery in built :perfect: being lithium wont be too heavy :power:

The Guy who owns it bought it 2 and a half years ago and forgot to post his review So that Canadian company has been selling them for about 2 to 3 years,

Ded Driver said:
I put an enquiry out to them & asked how it would go in +40C temperautures.
keen to hear their response. sounds like a good unit, & not made in China!!
not having any luck yet finding an agent/reseller in Au tho :/

I'm not sure where it's made but it does seem a pretty good Idea, It can run off mains or DC or even power and charge it's self, Like you said not sure about those 40* temps or bouncing around in the back of a Ute though.

No doubt about you RR you sure do like your outdoor gear :Y: this is an interesting bit of gear for sure. I'm keen to hear DD's response :Y: my thoughts are they'll say it will handle the temps. Then someone needs to road test it, WA extremes sound like a good test.

this is a bit of a spiel about themselves (Deltacron), & whilst they are a Canadian Company, it doesn't actually state where the fridge/cooler is manufactured, but if it was made in China under strict quality control criteria it could still be a good robust unit.
Ultimately I need a bigger fridge (currently 47L ARB), coz once the ice melts in the eski the beer MUST go in the fridge, so Im thinking this might go on my wish list later in the year, before next summer. Then to bash, beat, abuse, & road test it :playful:
https://www.deltacron.com/about/

RM Outback said:
No doubt about you RR you sure do like your outdoor gear :Y: this is an interesting bit of gear for sure. I'm keen to hear DD's response :Y: my thoughts are they'll say it will handle the temps. Then someone needs to road test it, WA extremes sound like a good test.

RM you are totally right there is no denying it, Just one look around my place and I have to admit every word you say, My brother gave me some cash for my birthday so I just bought Two 46cm X 26cm cast Iron Double sided BBQ Plates which also fit perfectly on the top of my Camp Stove or I could use them set up over a fire on a couple of rocks, and I got 2 cast Iron frying pans One Large one Tiny, and 2 BBQ sets for moving the food around on the BBQ plates, Seeing as they are cast Iron I seasoned them in the Oven and stunk the place out, LOL not to worry Ay, :eek: :lol: :lol:

Because I can't lift any thing heavy yet, I got the 78L ARB still in the box next to the bed, Still waiting to fit it in the Truck, And waiting to get the Cover for it and the Slide, flaming stuff is taking over the house, I have been looking at camp trailers and caravans trying to find a solution to getting this stuff out of the house, If I buy any more I'm gonna have to camp in the yard, :(

Mind you I could do with a small fridge like the one in that link because sometimes I don't need one as big as the 47 or the 78, So it would be good to find out a bit more about it, Something about 15 to 25L would be just about perfect, Lol.

John.

also found this one. Only 30 Quarts =approx. 28L and runs for 10hours
https://www.lithiumcooler.com/

or this one on Amazon USA
https://www.amazon.com/ACOPOWER-Portable-Rechargeable-Freezing-Compressor/dp/B07BHX83HJ

then there is this battery pack for the Alpicool Fridge (compatible with 40/50/75L Alpicool coolers)
https://gearzen.com.au/products/por...-li-ion-battery-for-portable-fridges-freezers
Alpicool 40L fridge on eBay
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alpicoo...ar-Caravan-Boat-Cooler-Box-DC12-/322554165006
but buyer beware ... this critical review of Alpicool on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Alpicool-Portable-Refrigerator-Vehicle-freezer/product-reviews/B073WYS3TR

Im still thinking the Deltacron might be better .... I trust the Canadians more than some others

Sounds good to me DD, No doubt it might be made overseas but there again I don't know of any brand that isn't, But it is a very clever setup and the idea of being able to power it's self makes it stand out from all the rest, I would get one if I had not already bought 2 or 3 already LOL.

J.

from the pics of the 25L it seems the solar panels are folded up on the side. I assume the 50L would be much the same setup. Wouldnt be hard to detach & add an extension cord to put the solar panels outside/over the roof etc. & possibly even plug a bit more solar power in as well.
Need to wait & see what details they are willing to give out.
ps, on odd occassions I have taken my fridge out when camped for about 3 nights.

Ded Driver said:
from the pics of the 25L it seems the solar panels are folded up on the side. I assume the 50L would be much the same setup. Wouldnt be hard to detach & add an extension cord to put the solar panels outside/over the roof etc. & possibly even plug a bit more solar power in as well.
Need to wait & see what details they are willing to give out.
ps, on odd occassions I have taken my fridge out when camped for about 3 nights.

I nearly bought another fridge today, But I resisted, :( :perfect:

solar panel on the roof of my 4wd puts out around 12V in moderate shade. not hard to sit the fridge in the edge of an awning shade or similar, but you would have to move it over time.
My idea would be to put an extension cord on it & separate the solar panel

Latest posts