Hit A Dead End.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
But when it came out the ground it looked like L E N
1551753660_img_5978.jpg

DrDuck said:
That's a head scratcher. The closest is L.E (Lawrence Emanuel) who was active in Birmingham a little later than your ring.

Maybe you could post the pic in a silver collector's forum like this:

https://www.silver-collector.com/

Cheers mate, yep that was what someone on one one of the pages said. I will jump on that page to see how we go . Cheers :)

Yep, definitely a Birmingham mark, so the Glasgow makers mark did not make sense.

It is interesting that there is almost nothing about LEN on the internet (a reference to him in a census as a Birmingham Jeweler).

Glad the forum came through for you.

Interestingly, the Commissioner of Police's (NSW) personal stationary has an oval belt and buckle symbol on it. I've got an example somewhere from when one of the COP's sent me a personal note. If I can remember the safe place I have it, I'll post a scan.

I wonder what the meaning of the belt on the ring and COP's stationary is?

DrDuck said:
Yep, definitely a Birmingham mark, so the Glasgow makers mark did not make sense.

It is interesting that there is almost nothing about LEN on the internet (a reference to him in a census as a Birmingham Jeweler).

Glad the forum came through for you.

Interestingly, the Commissioner of Police's (NSW) personal stationary has an oval belt and buckle symbol on it. I've got an example somewhere from when one of the COP's sent me a personal note. If I can remember the safe place I have it, I'll post a scan.

I wonder what the meaning of the belt on the ring and COP's stationary is?

Cheers for that web link, super helpful and a great site to use in future :) Yep sadly i cant find any info on that maker too. Apparently it was a love think, used in mens wedding bands and given to women for love, means they both are a perfectly matched pair like a belt into a buckle

Eldorado said:
tailormarc said:
This makes sense because I couldn't find any link to Luke Newlands making rings but he was the only LFN hallmark I could find.His hallmark has been seen on wine funnels and teapots apparently.Congratulations on finding the ring.Always amazed at the things you find.

Yeh it was a tricky one hey. Im struggling to find any info on the maker, no idea were the guy in the silver forum found it

Latest posts