Heavy Duty Carbon Shaft & Lower Rod for GPX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HoudiniHarry said:
Hi Guys, are there any sales companies in Australia?

Cheers

HH

I did a massive search on them here but nothing, looks like Doc's is the only one...
I'm going to place an order for the package and have already sold two of the 4 Lower Rods so a little saving on postage , want to keep a spare.

Edit, they do ship to Australia :Y:

Cheers

That's a great price Gravity, last year I purchased an Anderson carbon fibre upper shaft for my 4500 which cost me about the same, if I had of seen this with the 4 lower shafts included I would have definitely gone that way.

Jaros said:
What's the price difference?
You can buy a fibreglass upper here for $125
https://www.goldcitydetecting.com/shafts.htm
The cheapest lower shafts I've seen are the Coiltek composite (fibreglass) lower shafts 700mm are $30 & 800mm are $35. Standard Minelab lower shafts 600mm are $44.
https://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/coiltek-700mm-lower-shaft/
https://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/coiltek-800mm-lower-shaft/

The above carbon fibre shaft package works out at close to ~$300 from the USA.
Same set up in fibreglass here $245 - $265 + postage if required.
I doubt the weight difference would be much if anything + never heard of fibreglass/composite shafts breaking in normal use so don't see a need for carbon fibre for strength.

So reeds would be cheaper and quicker to ship ? with the lower shafts anyway. Even though only fibreglass - cant make too much diference in weight?

I'd reckon they would arrive quicker & depending on what you want/need could be a lot cheaper.
I'm not convinced you really need a composite upper shaft. Even the metal one are pretty lightweight & if your coils secured properly it shouldn't see it anyway? Could be wrong but I'd need to see something to convince me before shelling out more cash.
You're also still going to have a handle with quick track wiring, metal control box & metal arm cuff still attached to it regardless not to mention the coil cable.

I still think the package deal from Doc's is the way to go, keep in mind it's supplied with 4 Lower shafts, as mentioned I've presold 2 of them @$50 ea and then also have a spare for myself...We are splitting the postage cost so overall I'm cheaper out ;)

mbasko said:
I'd reckon they would arrive quicker & depending on what you want/need could be a lot cheaper.
I'm not convinced you really need a composite upper shaft. Even the metal one are pretty lightweight & if your coils secured properly it shouldn't see it anyway? Could be wrong but I'd need to see something to convince me before shelling out more cash.
You're also still going to have a handle with quick track wiring, metal control box & metal arm cuff still attached to it regardless not to mention the coil cable.
Yeah that is what i thought anyway Mbasko.

Latest posts