Nokta/Makro Simplex

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1574204249_img_20191119_1418162.jpg

I'm packing up all the pre-orders today, so will be with their new owners shortly.

Just got mine yesterday. Many thanks to Nenad for his great service. Nice Bloke. Had a little play with the Simplex. It has the latest updates and works as in the vids you've seen. Only thing may be depth might not be quite as good as in Europe due to our harsher ground, but having said that I am very impressed how quiet it runs here in Bendigo and the build quality is exceptional. It has the look and feel of a more expensive machine. The manual is well written and all is easy to understand. Well done to Nokta/Macro for raising the Bar yet again! :D

ronniecruisin said:
Just got mine yesterday. Many thanks to Nenad for his great service. Nice Bloke. Had a little play with the Simplex. It has the latest updates and works as in the vids you've seen. Only thing may be depth might not be quite as good as in Europe due to our harsher ground, but having said that I am very impressed how quiet it runs here in Bendigo and the build quality is exceptional. It has the look and feel of a more expensive machine. The manual is well written and all is easy to understand. Well done to Nokta/Macro for raising the Bar yet again! :D

Ronnie what you useing it for?

Hi. All. I have a Whites TDI Pro Oz which I love. Got the Simplex mainly for its notch filter and ID features. Should be good for coin hunting and I'm hoping still ok for larger gold detecting in trashy areas. As were others I was swayed by reports re how good it was and value for money. Plus Having had a Nokta machine in the past I had great faith in the Company. That faith has been justified. The machine is well designed and built and certainly looks and feels more than the purchase price. And I must say Nenad from PhaseTech was a pleasure to deal with. The only thing that would be a real treat is as discussed with Nenad a small coil that is capable of a higher frequency. But as Nenad said it may not be possible. It would be the icing on a very nice cake though. It would make Simplex more sensitive to smaller gold. But.... No complaints... Nice machine. Well done again Nokta\Makro. :)

I need another Detecta for salt wet beach. I wonder Simplex can handle there? Otherwise, I must wait for next anaconda deal!

:clap:

caparobertsan said:
I need another Detecta for salt wet beach. I wonder Simplex can handle there? Otherwise, I must wait for next anaconda deal!
:clap:

The Makro/Nokta detectors are easier to run stable on beach environments than the Deus, though if you are after a dedicated beach detector then you are probably better off with a multi frequency based detector.

I've been on the beach a couple of times with the Simplex. My deepest coin so far was a 10c at 11" - not measured but my shovel head was just under the surface layer when the coin popped out. At this depth, the signal is faint, but a repeatable signal told me something was down there. I'm preferring the field mode so far, but it's still early days. When it's windy, I'm using my Recon ST headphones as they block out the wind noise really well.

Here's a good video showing how the Simplex stacks up to a couple other machines in a similar price bracket. Lengthy, but well explained.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/-uVSfSQq_oU[/video]

Yes it would have been interesting to see how the Simplex stacked up using the deeper field mode - I suspect it would have outclassed the other two by a fair margin.

How have you found ground balancing on the beach using field or park vs beach mode considering my Racer 2 has no problem gaining successful GB on the wet sand?

PhaseTech said:
I've been on the beach a couple of times with the Simplex. My deepest coin so far was a 10c at 11" - not measured but my shovel head was just under the surface layer when the coin popped out. At this depth, the signal is faint, but a repeatable signal told me something was down there. I'm preferring the field mode so far, but it's still early days. When it's windy, I'm using my Recon ST headphones as they block out the wind noise really well.

Here's a good video showing how the Simplex stacks up to a couple other machines in a similar price bracket. Lengthy, but well explained.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/-uVSfSQq_oU[/video]

what were your setting nenad, I had a lot of chatter when I went to the beach and had to drop the sensitivity down 3 bars

With the Simplex I like Field Mode as it gives a little better depth, and deep signals are a bit louder. Beach definitely runs quieter though. In Beach mode I can run Sensitivity 5 bars, Field mode lower it to suit, usually 4 bars.

Goldpick, yes it is pretty much the same as the Racer 2, but with an 11" round coil on the end. I think the Simplex is slightly lower internal gain which makes it run a little less sparky compared to say a Kruzer or Anfibio, which can actually help in bad soils and salt. I have found that the Simplex is a little happier running a slightly positive ground balance, even up to about 6, which helps add a bit more depth than running it on zero.

The key with any VLF (that can actually work on wet sand) is coil control. You need to keep the coil close to the sand but try not to bang it.

Hi all,
Has anyone used this on our beaches? If so are they relatively stable?
(Read the above...strike that.)

Hi all,
How stable is this machine in our beaches?
Would certainly consider buying it if it was.
(Sorry for posting this question, the previous comments have been very helpful).

Seems to be ok, we have sold several simplexs with no complaints so far.
utube vids around the world show it working quite well.
Have a few more arriving this week so might test 1 at wollongong north beach.

But all accounts so far indicate the simplex works well on the beach and wet sand.

Cheers.
Lee.

jaytrav76 said:
Hi all,
How stable is this machine in our beaches?
Would certainly consider buying it if it was.
(Sorry for posting this question, the previous comments have been very helpful).

If you run the Sensitivity flat out and bump the coil along the sand it'll be chirpy. If you set Sensitivity two notches down from max and keep the coil just off the ground it'll be very stable. I like to use the Field mode which gives a bit more depth, but isn't as stable as the beach mode. But that's okay, I'm used to machines that talk.

A couple of things I found when I had my Simplex. As we all know ground balance is a thing we sometimes have to do very often. Personally I found it a pain to have to press the edit button twice every time I had to ground balance. It is second from the left on the screen. Should have been first and always instantly available. Little software change would fix this if Nokta are listening. Other thing that can't be fixed. Lower shaft is not rigid enough to stop flexing when swinging. Other than those two gripes. It works very well indeed. :argh:

Latest posts