Nokta/Makro Simplex

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Looks like some of the US detector manufacturers are going to either have to revise their pricing or come up with improved models/features of their starter detectors to compete with the soon to be released Nokta/Makro Simplex. Indicated pricing is between $200-299 US for a single frequency, waterproof, wireless detector with auto ground tracking, though looks like pricing may depend on specs and/or options like wireless headphones, coil type etc.

To put those prices into perspective, they undercut both the Ace 300 & 400 with a greater feature set and more modern design/ergonomics for the money, plus there is really nothing else in the market to compete with waterproofing and wireless capability for the price.

Will be real interesting to see how it fares once released, what features/tones etc that it offers, and how the rest of the market will respond to such aggressive pricing.

1551512776_nokta-simplex-detector-price-starting-at-200-new-2019-new-01.jpg

1551512789_nokta-simplex-detector-price-starting-at-200-new-2019-new-02.jpg

https://md-hunter.com/nokta-simplex-detector-price-starting-at-200-new-2019/

A few additional features have come to light on the $299US Simplex - LED flashlight, vibration, frequency shift, screen backlight, lighted keypad, notch disc, iron volume, updateable, built-in lipo battery, and 11'' DD coil, with depth capability of a high end detector. (words from Dilek)

Pretty amazing for the money.

I think closest competitor price wise would have to be the Quest 40, but that isn't submersible.

Very nice indeed and another well done and good on you Nokta for yet another break though in the word of detecting. You have proved once again what a forward thinking and customer committed company you are! Just two questions from me. How does the new machine handle highly mineralized ground ? And what frequency does it run at ie does it have a high frequency for gold prospecting?? Regards... Ronnie. :D

Runs on 12 kHz. Not intended to be a gold machine, but it'll probably run alright. I guess we will soon see.

Ok. 12 is probably a good compromise. Would still get larger bits methinks. Perhaps in a software or coil update those clever people at Nokta might give us another frequency choice ? assuming tis possible of course. Thanks for the quick reply phasetech. Regards... Ronnie.

Further to the above I'm thinking it would have been perhaps wiser to give the Simplex an alternative gold frequency considering all other bases for an all round metal detector have been covered so well. It seems a shame it only has the one. Other than that Nokta gave kicked all the goals for a good all rounder.?

Interesting. Maybe I missed it but they don't mention what frequency they had on the Nox, so I'm assuming it was on MultiIQ??

At the end he is running the Simplex in the field mode, which utilises a VCO 2-tone audio which I love for being able to determine target depth just by the pitch of the signal. This is similar to DI2, or Fast on some other Nokta/Makro machines.

It should make for good little relic detector, especially for under $500 for the basic detector (minus wireless headphones). Updating features just prior to release just shows how much they take on board from prospective customers and current Makro/Nokta owners.

It's a discounted price. If they Can do it. We should be able to get a similar deal. Obviously Kellyco is still making a profit or they wouldn't offer the deal.

Don't know whether Dilek even reads these pages but just wondering re frequency if another could be added in an update seeing as the machine has only 12khz. A really useful frequency would be 48khz for our OZ goldfields. It would make the Simplex much more appealing without getting into the much higher frequency offered by the Gold Kruzer. This would make the Simplex a true all rounder to suit most detecting needs for people who can't afford more expensive detectors. :argh:

Latest posts