Did 4wd drawers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished and installed my drawer system, couldn't justify a $1000+ for a branded system. These are just on 300 mm high with 260mm drawers which allow me to have my bottle Jack and my compressor standing up. One long, one short drawer to allow my waeco 35 litre fridge to sit in front of the short drawer and the different widths to allow access to the spare wheel winder in the floor pan. All up I spent $135 on timber, ply, screws, latches and glue. The carpet is two different colours, scraps from other projects. Drawers slide relatively easy, used the yellow tongue plastic that you see in ply tongue and groove flooring, 4m length at Bunnings is just under $5.
1551399525_image.jpg

1551399551_image.jpg

1551399579_image.jpg

Great job Manpa. I had a set of slide out drawers made up for the Pathy in Dandenong and I think it cost about $500 plus courier to Brisbane-say another $100. Put a fridge slide on the lhs and away we go. Already wired 3 12v outlets onto the back for future use--like a fridge.
Mounting holes all matched up perfectly.
Jaros

xcvator said:
Hey Pa, looks good, a little tip, really soak the under side of the drawers with silicone spay, let it dry, then put the drawers back :Y: Just be carefull when you pull them out, you might land on your bum :D

I'll give it a go and stand back. :playful:

xcvator said:
Hey Pa, looks good, a little tip, really soak the under side of the drawers with silicone spay, let it dry, then put the drawers back :Y: Just be carefull when you pull them out, you might land on your bum :D
Gave them a spray this morning. Considerable difference even with the drawers fully loaded, I thought they were ok without the spray, but boy it makes a difference. Thankfully I didn't end up up on my arse, thanks for the warning.

How's the new wagon going?

Thought about those, but spotted the clips at bumblings for $4, so I'll see how they go. Not much going to sit in the front of mine other than the fridge.

A bit late but this bloke shows how to do runners with skateboard ball bearings. paskmakes.com/2018/01/24/make-your-own-truck-bed-drawers/

Latest posts