Hard boiled eggs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Licking windows said:
OzzieAu said:
Very interesting read there OzzieAu :perfect: thanks for sharing :Y:
I was a little put off with what a lot of producers do and spray the eggs with oil :N: :N:
Another dirty little method these poultry farmers use :N: and what shocked me is the fact that they dont have to inform you on the box :mad:

What do you mean "Dirty little method"
If you coat your fresh eggs shells in olive oil you can store them for an amazing long time. Any prepper knows that. Nothing wrong with it.
Anyway, producer market eggs should be stampred and have a use by date.

goldtrapper said:
Licking windows said:
OzzieAu said:
I was a little put off with what a lot of producers do and spray the eggs with oil :N: :N:
Another dirty little method these poultry farmers use :N: and what shocked me is the fact that they dont have to inform you on the box :mad:

If you coat your fresh eggs shells in olive oil you can store them for an amazing long time. Any prepper knows that. Nothing wrong with it.
If its all good and no potential harm done then great :Y: but why not stat this on the box for the consumer to make there choice between oiled or non oiled eggs? And please dont try and tell me that poultry farmers use olive oil in their process ;)
If the truth was known it would be more like used sump oil collected en mass from every mechanics workshop :N:
You only have to see shows like current affairs, sixty minutes to see how brutal this industry is :N:

Licking windows said:
goldtrapper said:
Licking windows said:
OzzieAu said:

If its all good and no potential harm done then great :Y: but why not stat this on the box for the consumer to make there choice between oiled or non oiled eggs? And please dont try and tell me that poultry farmers use olive oil in their process ;)
If the truth was known it would be more like used sump oil collected en mass from every mechanics workshop :N:
You only have to see shows like current affairs, sixty minutes to see how brutal this industry is :N:

Sounds just like the building industry. :N:

Cheers

Doug

Licking windows said:
goldtrapper said:
Licking windows said:
OzzieAu said:

Difficult to do because you should know " oils ain't oils Sol" or "Valvoline, you know what I mean"
We don't want our eggs to become like milk, we'll end up with oiled eggs, non oiled eggs, lightly lubed eggs, free range non oiled, free range oiled, free range lightly lubed, caged eggs oiled, caged eggs non oiled, caged eggs lightly lubed, soy eggs, tofu eggs, I can't believe it's not an egg eggs, almond eggs, coconut eggs, lite eggs, fat reduced eggs, Lo fat eggs and so on on.
I just want a bum nut yo have on toast! :) :playful: :| :Y:

Unfortunately but Manpa if you have a read of what auzzie au included in his post they do spray eggs with oil :N:
Im a penrite man myself :lol: :lol: 20w 50 non of this synthetic crap :lol:

Manpa said:
Fortunately I don't eat the shell

Whats wrong with ya? Its good in keeping regular :lol: :Y:
And besides that those thousands of tiny holes in the shell make it much easier to digest :eek:

I use these:
1551345309_sistema.jpg

Cut bacon into small pieces & cook on High (microwave) in the Sistema for 2min 20sec.
Add 2 * 80g eggs, salt & pepper, Sriracha sauce (or whatever heat you like), and some grated cheese, mix with a fork, and microwave for a further 2min 20 sec on mid range in microwave (5 in mine). 10 mins from start to finish I have the perfect breakfast.
Eat directly out of the Sistema (with spoon) - totally non-stick - then a fast wash up (quick wipe only)!
Have done this most mornings since my retirement 8 months back.
Some add, tomatoes, avocado, spinach etc, but they're wierdos :cool:

madtuna said:
Rockhunter62 said:
madtuna said:
If I want mine hard boiled I just shove it back in and tape the chooks bum shut for another week

What, and then leave it for Matt?

Cheers

Doug

ahh yep forgot about that...the old 6 weeks in the sun then pop them back in the fridge trick! :D

The tape would probably work on the chooks mouth as well :eek:

'Sounds like the Building Industry?' .... So True Rockhunter... :lol: Wish we had fresh eggs... :( My missus tried to cook eggs once in the Microwave... She said she won't do that again.. :lol: :lol:

LW...

Latest posts