Aimbo Detector Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday I searched an area locally up the bush that had a patch of trees that weren't native and a flat area.. it looked like there must have been a structure there at some point. The ground was full of iron and metals so the detector was no good in coin model switched over to prospect and narrowed down a few things.. a massive bolt, a plate the bolt went through possibly and maybe a handle of something.. but the best thing I found was this horse shoe!
1550366166_15503661233573309410695179029046.jpg

Hi Aimbo, sounds like you have an interesting site to detect, probably one of hardest types to pull out good targets with all that iron. Maybe try coin mode again, and add some discrimination to knock out most of the iron - that should leave you just the mid and high conductors to detect. As a general rule on relic sites, dig all non-ferrous targets as you may be surprised at what you will find - cheers. :D

I don't mind finding the odd horse shoe, as long as it's not too deep !!! I feel like they bring me luck.
I would stick with coin mode but set some discrimination as gold pick suggested. You will know is some silver or copper finds it's way under the coil haha.

Thanks for the tips Goldpick and LORD! :) I have watched a video on youtube to figure out what im doing hehe and i will try again on coin mode later this week!

Latest posts