Gold Radars

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Im new to prospecting. Its been a few months & absolutely enjoying the hobby. I was disappointed to find out that prospectors in Victoria are using gold radars. Sometimes I go out & prospect all day but find nothing led shots, regardless, I still enjoy my day. Im worried that this new radar technology will slowly kill off my hobby. Are these radars effective out in Victorias mineralised grounds?? And do they really work? :(

HH, I have witnessed one being used in a known gold patch in the WA - Kalgoorlie gold field .... the unit indicated gold in several directions, & the 2 guys dug a coffin size hole on 1 strong targeted location, searched the hole with a GPX5000 as they dug, and never found any gold or a signal from the 5000. :poop:

Thanks for that Ded, thats a relief. Ive been following up on the Videos of Goldhunter on YouTube, same bloak you guys were talking about. He hasnt posted a video in a while, hes machine must be struggling in summer. Even the last video test he done, it was in open grass land rather then the bush like hes other tests. With all due respect to him, he seems like a nice guy. Age seems to be catching up to him & hes struggling to carry a detector. I recently purchased a 2300 & Im just about to purchase the GPZ 7000 but videos like that guys are turning me off! Hopefully its all a myth. Good luck prospecting guys!

Don't be turned off....it's all part of the "rich tapestry of life"..prospecting is like every other industry where money is iinvolved...scammers.

as said above by GL, dont be turned off easily by it. You will probably even run into a couple of people one day who will swear by them ... but Im yet to see real results.
You have the top 2 machines at the moment ... hit it hard :Y: :goldnugget: :pickshovel:

You seen the light. :)

Thank You.
The machines you have are 2 of the best choices you can
make over the "Radar".

Carlton95 said:
Thanks for that Ded, thats a relief. Ive been following up on the Videos of Goldhunter on YouTube, same bloak you guys were talking about. He hasnt posted a video in a while, hes machine must be struggling in summer. Even the last video test he done, it was in open grass land rather then the bush like hes other tests. With all due respect to him, he seems like a nice guy. Age seems to be catching up to him & hes struggling to carry a detector. I recently purchased a 2300 & Im just about to purchase the GPZ 7000 but videos like that guys are turning me off! Hopefully its all a myth. Good luck prospecting guys!

Smoky bandit said:
RM Outback said:
The only radars that I know of in Vic that actually work are generally being held by a copper :p :lol: and I'll back it in that every one agrees with me :lol: :lol: :Y:
Well the ones here in Qld dont work mate...They always say I'm speeding 8.( 8.( 8.(

Yeah I know the feeling Smoky fortunately for me I've changed my ways about 15 years since my last smack for a 1km discrepancy.

Anyway as far as the topic goes I'm not going to waste my time even watching any material related to it. Maybe we'll see The Weekend Prospector :N: show everyone how it works :lol:

Bottom line, if this radar tool was truly as effective, why would you promote it to others to begin with?? And whats with this guy laughing at the start of every video lol. Anyways Im going prospecting this Saturday down Castlemaine region, Im itching, cant wait!

1550142387_2.jpg

Latest posts