2nd Trip And The 5000 Gets Some Nuggs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMac77

Pete
Reaction score
Well after alot of studying area maps and google earth etc. I went for another trip to the GT with my eldest son. I kept my settings the same and the GPX 5000 was pretty quiet. Went out most of Saturday and managed to find these little rippas. ranging from 0.12 - 1.2grams at descent depths, to say Im wrapped would be an understatement. I cant wait to get back out there.
1549168239_e3290426-58c7-41a8-a9a0-b972bb2e5437.jpg

RM Outback said:
:Y: Well done mate now you know the sound nothing will hold you back :power: :goldnugget:

Cheers RM,
I also know the sound of the dreaded leadshot, .22 bullets, Nails, rust and half a coke can buried two feet down :lol: But the sound of the nuggets I found were certainly different from most of the previous mentioned items. :Y:

goldtruck59 said:
That's damn fine for a second go. Well done.

GT :D
Thanks GT,
This trips results are encouraging. Still have a long way to go in regards to the geology side of things and learning the machine but I know this can take years to learn. :Y:

Well, I've been out in the GT dozens of times and never got a thing there, mine have been from further afield. You must have a good nose for the right location, ideal settings on the GPX and a knack for picking the right signals. Wish I could do that, excellent days work PMac :D

Well done to mastering the machine. And i think your son would now have gold fever too. Be careful if you think you know the sound of gold to junk. Dig every target as it may surprise you. Gold does not sound much different to junk, especially if it is odd shaped or sized different.. nice picture, always nice eye candy

Latest posts