Portable Hot Water / Shower Systems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,
Not to bad a unit when you need a bit of hot water out the bush.
I only use mine when I'm out for 5 or more days.
At only $149.00 you can't go wrong.
Cheers Steve

Silly question,where do you find a tap in the bush to connect to the water inlet to supply the unit with water?

Just remember these units are strictly outdoor only, can't be built in or enclosed.

Just keep in mind that you will need a pressure pump , hose connections , and a water supply. plus power supply .try and get a pump that only delivers 3 L/min .most are 5 or 6 . take look at JOOCLA ,.....been using one four years .

Yup, it's going to be plug in on the outside. Places I want to go to are leave no mark. to me that includes grey water as well. Would be so much easier to have an outdoor shower tent :|

Fitted an extra pump and tapped it into existing shower plumbing using necessary valves etc in out van. When we are free camping heat 10litres of water on our campfire, tip it into shower recess, the pump recirculates the water and we get two showers out of it before the water becomes chilly. You would need to tow a water tanker to have enough water for a free flowing shower used in link above. (haahaahah the camper van water tank would be dry after the two girls showered and washed hair... Bet there is no mention of that in their flowery advert? 6L/minute X 2 conservative 3 minute showers/hair = 36 litres/half an average tank)
Prior to the van we used a 20litre solar shower bag hung in a tree.

Got a 4lpm pump and the plumbing will get sorted out soon enough. My offside takes longer showers than I do. A trigger shower head i reckon is a must

Joolca good but expensive. Keep pump flow rate low otherwise will cause rapid cycling and burn out pressure switch. Best type pump is like Shureflo 4009 as its a bypass type pump only pumps at rate required returns the rest which prevents rapid cycling

Redfin said:
5L per shower for us.
Wet down and turn off at trigger.
lather up.
turn on and wet down.

If you need to wash your hair go stay in a motel.

dont worry about hair !
but 5lts wouldn't last the lather up on the the family jewels :( :playful:

Growing up in the 50's we had a bath. Hot water came from the copper in the back yard. We bathed once per week. The order was Father first, mother, my older brother, me, my sister, then my younger brother. There were'nt hot water systems back then so ther was one dirty blsck ring around the bathtub on a Sunday night.
We never really got sick or allergic to anything-the bugs were too scared to come near us I suppose.
Jaros :8

Latest posts