Real Camping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a little camp with 2 dudes, 2 Z's a hammock and a sleeping bag in the creek. No 4x4 for 5 plus KM's up in the hills. Carried 30 litres of water in on top of the usual stuff for 4 days was great.

1548635465_20160525_160239.jpg

I gave "real camping" away the night after "not sleeping" on a log, under a tepee made from a cargo parachute. Half way up a mountain on Langkawi Island, because someone else said "You Will" :argh:

That was confirmed the next night, when during a Monsoon rain storm, sitting on a tree stump, I watched my sleeping bag and blow-ups float on by. 8.(

Only glamping for me :)

Jaros said:
I remember playing that tune and the guitarists wife singing it in a dance band I played in, in the 60's early 70's. I played the organ/piano accordian.

We have loads of 50's and 60's records put away here somewhere, from the Platters and Roy Orbison and Brenda Lee, Buddy Holly and all the greats, :cool: :cool:

I had a recording of the band once upon a time but lost the master tape and nearly myself in a caravan fire. Good old days playing Friday and Sat nights as well as every Octoberfest at the Dorset Gardens Hotel in Melbourne. All Dutch and German nights at Palais StKilda. One night played with Brian May and ABC Showband--that was fantastic.
Wandered off topic-sorry. :(

Rockhunter62 said:
I remember the story of the three service guys.

The army sleep under the stars, the navy navigate by the stars and the airforce choose their hotel by the number of stars. Thankfully I was in the airforce. :perfect:

Cheers

Doug

Yup, I feel ya, Road trip from Butterworth to Singapore, first night out was a stop in KL at a 5 star hotel. They weren't the Southern Cross and I couldn't see em from my bed lol. Did I give a thought to the Grunts roughing it?

Naah :)

nothin too fancy when we go camping. This spot is a litle known water hole in the south west (full of Yabbies) :D
Was about 12 of us camped here for Aust Day, all in swags & tents.
(ps, the firewood is from cleaning up the camp area when we arrived, saved for cooler months, only gas cooking at this yime of year)
1548729878_camp.jpg