Real Camping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wusses, tha lot o' ya. You blokes only go glamping... ;)

1548627094_p1060533_1.jpg

That was at the Keep River, far north west of the NT, barra fishing.

Cheers, Bobj.

Do that in winter and you could die, back in 85 I went down to Stanthorpe and down the Blue Mountains in the winter time and it was flaming freezing, Warm in the day time but look out at night, Most people in OZ think of blue sky and sunny beaches but very few know that it can easily go down to -20*c in places,

You should do a search here for some of the pictures some of the Guys here have posted, I think you would be shocked at the weather where some of these Guys Live.

RR.

Campfish4x4 said:
Why would you rough intodays age when you can sleep comfy warm and dry and cool in all weather's call us pussys but we have been done that and discovered the pleasures of clamping

When it gets down to 27 C at night I dont want to be warm. :D
And I can watch the stars... :Y:

Cheers, Bobj.

Camped out in Central Nt
Ridge Runner said:
Do that in winter and you could die, back in 85 I went down to Stanthorpe and down the Blue Mountains in the winter time and it was flaming freezing, Warm in the day time but look out at night, Most people in OZ think of blue sky and sunny beaches but very few know that it can easily go down to -20*c in places,

You should do a search here for some of the pictures some of the Guys here have posted, I think you would be shocked at the weather where some of these Guys Live.

RR.

Camped out in the NT desert at -4C I suppose that was only a one dog night...No problems and the stars were good to see, too. Odd that when the nights are cold how much closer one gets to Mum! :p

Cheers, Bobj.

Rockhunter62 said:
I can understand where you are coming from Bob. I used to be like that but now that Carol wants to come out bush the level of luxury has incressed dramatically.

Cheers

Doug

Been doing it for better than 50 years, finding it hard to having those new fangled gas stoves and those little cylinders... ;)

Cheers, Bobj.

Latest posts