Just starting out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
finally made the effort to purchase a detector ( X-Terra 705 dual) this week. Even my better half is showing a glimmer of interest (not sure if that is a good or bad thing, time will tell )I have found this forum very informative so far especially for a newbie with zero knowledge of prospecting/detecting.

Hope to try out the equipment this Aussie day weekend as we will be camping at Macquarie Woods which is in close proximity to Bathurst, Orange and Blayney.
Surely there is somewhere close by to have going over.

Any way cheers and I hope to contribute to the forum over time. Also are there any detecting clubs around the South West Sydney area ?

Mark

Welcome to the forum Kelpie18 the 705 is a great little detector get some practice in ypur backyard and uou will be surprised how easy the 705 is to use and what it can find when you work it out So enjoy your new hobby.
Roy

Hi Roy,
sounds like great advice. I have had a few goes in the back yard but apparently my Kelpie Lucy ( see avatar) finds the coil far more attractive as a toy than her other toys. Picture this me trying to listen for the tones in the head set whilst yelling at the dog and wrestling the boom and coil from her mouth. She may be spendinhg some quite time in the shed next week end.
cheers
Mark

Like Roy said the 705 is great, one thing I wish I did was not play around with the settings to much to start with. Start with the Basic set up to you learn and understand the machine and you will be getting lots of great finds in no time.

Thanks F13
as you suggest I intend to follow the KISS priciple ( keep it simple stupid). Once I get a far few miles under my belt i will start to experiment.
Mark

Hello Everyone, I am new to detecting and I have a GP 3000 I did try it out at Sunny Corner but unfortunately I didn't find anything. If anyone out there would like to show me a few tips one weekend on how to use it properly I would really appreciate it. I live in Appin NSW Thanks Tammy

Latest posts