Depth Tests For Big Gold Nuggets.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bush Chook said:
PhaseTech said:
The 25" DD is out now. See here for a few specs: http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/nugget-finder-x-search-25dd-coil/

Estimated weight is 1.65 kg. But when you pick it up, it feels light for its size.

Got a few spots in mind to test it out on, just need some time and the rain to go away.

It is half spiral, half bundle would, so should handle mineralised soils really well. I will also be testing it on a GP3500 and SD2100 to see how it teams up with them.
Build quality is typical first class from Nugget Finder.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3149/1560299146_25_dd_xsearch_2.jpg

G'day Nenad, is there any talk of a smaller such coil in the wings? 25" is awfully big for the scrub around the GTV...

Same for me, waiting on the 19'' ;)

Reg Wilson said:
Recently saw a photo of a big slug (about 4 kilos) found not long ago at a depression era campsite in Victoria riddled with metallic rubbish. A six ounce piece led to a slow and meticulous clean up of the area, resulting in the recovery of the nugget. This was in a well known and supposedly 'flogged' big nugget site where the trashy area had been avoided for decades. The 'Beggary Lump' (86oz) was found at Wedderburn in a similar situation in the early eighties, and a 250 oz 'thumper' at Patchy flat near Dunolly in the early nineties.
Candigger, the 38" coil is a mono, so the edge of the coil can be used to pinpoint once the target is out of the hole. A pinpointer is handy for when the target is still in the hole.

something like this ? :(

The photo doesnt do it justice as to how much junk there was here.

I saved some waypoints when i was there 2 years ago with intention of taking back a huge magnetic sweeper as there would have been 50 bits of steel per square metre , just been too busy making my customers rich and didnt go back there.

1560944686_depression_era_campsite_2.jpg