My Avatar 68 XT Falcon ute

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A forum member has asked me about my avatar and asked if i might like to post some info on it.
Just briefly , it is a `68 XT Falcon ute cut in half and put on a 60 series chassis with a long landcruiser tray ,350 chev on lpg ,with all the 4wd running gear including the steering and dash cluster from a landcruiser. Fully compliant and legal and on full rego.
This was a professional build a few years` ago with all the certificates after the back was rusted out and the front end smashed up from running into a ditch flat out in the original ute. It was either do this or sell it for parts.
All new metal everywhere with a removable 3 piece floor and custom everything including the rollcage welded to the chassis through the floor. The floor is a piece of art and kudos to my engineer on the way he built it and everything else.
I gas-axed the ute and a landcruiser myself , to get what i needed for the job and did all the paint and alot of other stuff including the snorkel , sunroof , the gates and alot of other things. The rest was done by an engineer in conjunction with a vicroads engineer. Never do this. Too many headaches. Trust me.
A heap of things have to be signed off to do something like this and it is costly and time consuming.

1547287210_front.jpg

1547287226_back.jpg
1547287259_piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii068.jpg
1547287275_03-02-08_1528.jpg
1547287286_23-11-07_1333.jpg
1547287305_engine.jpg
1547287319_09dec-11.jpg
1547287336_dsc00504.jpg

That's good to see JS, thinking outside of the box. Instead of just getting rid of the old ute and turning it into an engineering marvel to suit your needs and it's still able to go bush without having to worry about the duco. Thanks for showing us. :trophy:

Cheers

Doug

One of my mates had one of the factory built 6cyl utes
Bet he wishes he still had it ;)

Just last week i saw a white HT/G/K? Monaro 4wd (Swansea area)
Some would call that sacrilege :8

They even used 2 HK Monaro`s in Madmax Fury road too. I would call that sacrilege as well. Alot of the 432 original XY 4WD`s are rusted out,but there are still some fine examples left. They come up for sale every now and then.

JS

Latest posts