You are not logged in.

  • Register to access all forum features  

#26

rockdev
Member
Joined: 05 December 2017
Posts: 138
Member
23 January 2019 12:59 pm

Thanks Grumpygold , I haven't purchased anything yet just looking at options first... I got to thank Northeast for starting this thread, its good to hear what people have tried and what works and what doesn't.

I will post a photo of the rx/tx unit I was looking at, they don't actually have phones with them you use your own.

1548208749_quest.resized.jpg


GM 1000, Equinox 800, X-Terra 705.

1 user likes this post: grumpygold

#27

Reg Wilson
Member
Joined: 06 September 2017
Posts: 384
Member
23 January 2019 02:52 pm

Rockdev, that is the same unit I have just tested and is fine on the QED.
Grumpy gold, no pulsing, interference, or lag. Seems to work as well as the Z Lynk but is much cheaper.


Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: rockdev

#28

rockdev
Member
Joined: 05 December 2017
Posts: 138
Member
23 January 2019 04:20 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:

Rockdev, that is the same unit I have just tested and is fine on the QED.
Grumpy gold, no pulsing, interference, or lag. Seems to work as well as the Z Lynk but is much cheaper.

Thanks Reg, it works on 2.4ghz transmission instead of Bluetooth like most wireless headphones do. That may be the key as the Garret Z Lynk uses a similar protocol and no Bluetooth either.

Last edited by rockdev (23 January 2019 04:26 pm)


GM 1000, Equinox 800, X-Terra 705.

1 user likes this post: Northeast

#29

grumpygold
Banned
Joined: 31 October 2018
Posts: 346
Banned
23 January 2019 06:02 pm

rockdev wrote:

Thanks Grumpygold , I haven't purchased anything yet just looking at options first... I got to thank Northeast for starting this thread, its good to hear what people have tried and what works and what doesn't.

I will post a photo of the rx/tx unit I was looking at, they don't actually have phones with them you use your own.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … esized.jpg

i have a tx/ rx unit very similar with no issues, the key is nothing under bluetooth 4. il see if i can find a link to mine and post up later tonight thumbsup


gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

1 user likes this post: rockdev

#30

grumpygold
Banned
Joined: 31 October 2018
Posts: 346
Banned
23 January 2019 06:06 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:

Rockdev, that is the same unit I have just tested and is fine on the QED.
Grumpy gold, no pulsing, interference, or lag. Seems to work as well as the Z Lynk but is much cheaper.

hi reg mine were the detetnix ones, the Q20 from memory nenad was selling them dont know if he still does, found alot cheaper combo thats works way better, the key is nothing under bluetooth 4, thats what ive found anyway, bt3 pulsing bt2 constant weird annoying background squeel, lots written about them in earlier posts. smile

Last edited by grumpygold (23 January 2019 06:10 pm)


gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

1 user likes this post: rockdev

#31

Reg Wilson
Member
Joined: 06 September 2017
Posts: 384
Member
23 January 2019 08:49 pm

grumpy gold, yes mate tried a bluetooth setup a while back that gave the same problems as you describe. The guy that sold it to me said it was the latest and greatest. Yeah, right. He got it back, and I got a refund.


Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: grumpygold

#32

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
From: Adelaide, SA
Joined: 29 May 2014
Posts: 1,882
Phase Technical
23 January 2019 11:05 pm

rockdev wrote:

Thanks Reg for the update sounds like a winner mate thumbsup Now on further searching for the Deteknix unit it looks like the Quest WireFree System is the same unit only selling under its new Company name Quest. If that is the case it should be a good match for the QED. pickshovel

The original Deteknix system was this one:

1548244752_wirefree.jpg

The new Quest version is as you posted earlier.
Improvements are:

- Longer run time, up to 24 hrs, compared to approx. 7 hours on the original
- Integrated belt clip on the receiver
- Counter sunk 1/4" socket on the receiver (no cables)
- Plug in cable on the transmitter, allowing you to have 1/4", 1/8" or Garrett AT plugs (different plug cables sold separately)

Both versions operate on the same 2.4 GHz system.

One tip with the WireFree kit: you get good volume out of 16 Ohm headphones or earbuds (note: on other detectors, have not tried with the QED)

Last edited by PhaseTech (23 January 2019 11:07 pm)


Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

2 users like this post: grumpygold, rockdev

#33

Reg Wilson
Member
Joined: 06 September 2017
Posts: 384
Member
24 January 2019 12:03 am

Thanks Phase Technical, the new improved system is really good. Happy to endorse it.


Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

2 users like this post: grumpygold, rockdev

#34

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,907
Member
24 January 2019 09:28 am

grumpygold wrote:
Reg Wilson wrote:

Rockdev, that is the same unit I have just tested and is fine on the QED.
Grumpy gold, no pulsing, interference, or lag. Seems to work as well as the Z Lynk but is much cheaper.

hi reg mine were the detetnix ones, the Q20 from memory nenad was selling them dont know if he still does, found alot cheaper combo thats works way better, the key is nothing under bluetooth 4, thats what ive found anyway, bt3 pulsing bt2 constant weird annoying background squeel, lots written about them in earlier posts. smile

Most of the Bluetooth wireless units I tried were sold as BT 4.0 or higher & still had pulsing issues &/or low volume. Some of them I tried with other detectors worked fine. Only one unit was under version BT 4.0 (Avantree Saturn Pro which are BT 3.0) & even they worked well on other detectors being APTX Low Latency.

Wireless set ups with the QED are hit & miss at best.

So far it seems user tried & acceptable set ups would be:
Seinheisser RS-160 (headphones only) Kleer wireless
Garrett Z Lynk
Quest WireFree Mate wireless kit
None of which use Bluetooth of any version.
I'd be sticking to one of these user proven units for the QED rather than getting on the Bluetooth merry-go-round. May save you money in the long run by investing a bit more in quality initially. The Quest set up certainly looks to be value for money. thumbsup


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

4 users like this post: Mirrors, Northeast, Reg Wilson, rockdev

#35

rockdev
Member
Joined: 05 December 2017
Posts: 138
Member
25 January 2019 10:40 am

Thanks guys for your input looks like we have a couple of good choices. It's good to see a thread like this for the QED top stuff thumbsup

cheers


GM 1000, Equinox 800, X-Terra 705.

#36

rockdev
Member
Joined: 05 December 2017
Posts: 138
Member
25 January 2019 10:48 am

mbasko wrote:

So far it seems user tried & acceptable set ups would be:
Seinheisser RS-160 (headphones only) Kleer wireless
Garrett Z Lynk
Quest WireFree Mate wireless kit
None of which use Bluetooth of any version.
I'd be sticking to one of these user proven units for the QED rather than getting on the Bluetooth merry-go-round. May save you money in the long run by investing a bit more in quality initially. The Quest set up certainly looks to be value for money. thumbsup

Yes I will be doing the same mbasko. I have purchased so many things over the years only to have to re buy again when the others don't work as they should.

Will be contacting Nenad over the next couple of weeks to grab a set, will also make the xterra-705 that the wife uses more user friendly thumbsup

cheers


GM 1000, Equinox 800, X-Terra 705.

#37

Northeast
Member
Joined: 27 August 2016
Posts: 1,110
Member
25 January 2019 01:11 pm

There is an interesting thread happening over at DP forum at the moment. A new player in the wireless stakes (and Wi-Fi not Bluetooth) thumbsup

https://www.detectorprospector.com/foru … em-option/

2 users like this post: rockdev, mbasko

#38

RichterScale
Member
Joined: 04 March 2017
Posts: 68
Member
26 January 2019 11:19 pm

smile

Last edited by RichterScale (26 January 2019 11:20 pm)

#39

Northeast
Member
Joined: 27 August 2016
Posts: 1,110
Member
08 March 2019 09:17 pm

rockdev wrote:
mbasko wrote:

So far it seems user tried & acceptable set ups would be:
Seinheisser RS-160 (headphones only) Kleer wireless
Garrett Z Lynk
Quest WireFree Mate wireless kit
None of which use Bluetooth of any version.
I'd be sticking to one of these user proven units for the QED rather than getting on the Bluetooth merry-go-round. May save you money in the long run by investing a bit more in quality initially. The Quest set up certainly looks to be value for money. thumbsup

Yes I will be doing the same mbasko. I have purchased so many things over the years only to have to re buy again when the others don't work as they should.

Will be contacting Nenad over the next couple of weeks to grab a set, will also make the xterra-705 that the wife uses more user friendly thumbsup

cheers

You can say that again Rockdev.

Unfortunately the XVIVE wireless guitar Wi-Fi system I tried didn't work. I even got some custom adapter leads made up from SteelPhase (and some great advice too) but it didn't work. Sound would come through but it was pulsing terribly and simply could not get anywhere near a smooth threshold.

Reg did warn me that it was a gamble but I had to be stubborn and try it tongue

So I have a wonderful new XVIVE wireless guitar system that apparently works perfectly for guitars if anyone wants them. As per the link above in my last post they also apparently work perfectly on the GPX series. They are normally $200, I waited for some time for them to come on the spesh and got them for $170. They have been used for about 5 minutes, recharged and packed away. $165 including postage with tracking and anyone can have them.

For whatever reason I thought the Deteknix kit was Bluetooth and not Wi-Fi and I was trying to stay away from Bluetooth. It wasn't until after I had ordered the XVIVE and I was looking at PhaseTech's website for coils and had a quick squiz at the updated Quest version and realised they are actually Wi-Fi. And they are only $140. And Reg has tested them on the QED and they work. And they are plug and play with no extra leads/cables. And they have volume control. DOH!! awful

So it looks like there will be a Quest kit in with the coil order neutral

Last edited by Northeast (08 March 2019 09:17 pm)

#40

rockdev
Member
Joined: 05 December 2017
Posts: 138
Member
09 March 2019 07:09 pm

Or gee that's a bugger mate, I still haven't got around to getting one of the quest setup's as yet but they seem to be a good option for the QED. Someone should snap up your XVIVE system mate as it looks like a quality bit of gear, bloody shame it interfered with the QED.


GM 1000, Equinox 800, X-Terra 705.

1 user likes this post: Northeast

#41

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,907
Member
10 March 2019 03:10 pm

With the QED best to stick with tried/proven Northeast.
Trust me I spent way too much money trying different things myself but it's all part of the hobby to I guess.


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

2 users like this post: Northeast, Mirrors

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site

Top