You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Northeast
12 January 2019 11:30 am

Remaining wireless is a must for me. Being tethered to a detector is not in my future wink

What wireless systems have you used with a QED?

Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?

Any appreciable lag in signal?

Cost?

Run time/battery life?

Used in conjunction with a booster?

Used with a speaker or headphones?

mbasko
12 January 2019 12:49 pm

Put some info here mate:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 08#p464208
Good work on the threads - much better way to have the info rather than one long thread thumbsup

To add further:
In my opinion (& it's just my opinion) I would steer clear of cheap Chinese Bluetooth systems. I tried one & the audio wasn't good. Even 2 x more expensive ones (Avantree & Tao Tronics) both gave low audio + like a pulsing or cycling for want of a better description I.e. they would be near silent then sort of get some threshold breaking thru in pulses/cycles. I couldn't get them to work well regardless of position on the QED etc.
Not sure why as the Avantree & Tao Tronics units worked well for me on other PI & VLF's of various brands.
To eliminate wireless issues you may be better to look at mounting a wired booster & speaker set up on the QED as it's light enough to allow for this.

Last edited by mbasko (12 January 2019 01:01 pm)

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

2 users like this post: Northeast, rockdev

Northeast
12 January 2019 07:54 pm

Thanks mbasko, just read your added edit info.

"To eliminate wireless issues you may be better to look at mounting a wired booster & speaker set up on the QED as it's light enough to allow for this." Great point. I think I have actually seen a pic of a QED with a speaker sitting atop the control box. This would also remove the need for the camel back I have had with the Z that housed the WM12, the B&Z and speaker.

Also means no need to recharge wireless senders and receivers and try and find issues when they arise.

Thanks for the suggestion thumbsup

I had also thought of the Pro-Sonic but the price puts me off them.

mbasko
12 January 2019 08:40 pm

I didn't mention it but I also briefly tried the Pro Sonic. Wasn't impressed with it on the QED either. Thankfully the one I tried was free with a package, I would of been pi55ed if I had bought it to try.
I have seen a pic somewhere of a speaker set up that is mounted on a bracket from the upper shaft. Think it's supplied with the PL2 now as the Nokia speaker is no longer being made - not sure or what the speaker is like etc. - but it looked a neat set up.

1 user likes this post: Northeast

Northeast
12 January 2019 08:53 pm

Cheers mbasko - that's $400 saved. Cant believe the price of the Pro-Sonic sad

Tathradj
12 January 2019 09:01 pm

That is what I have.
I will take a pic tomorrow.
Put it this way, If you want every one for a kilometer around
to hear, It will do that, 100

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

1 user likes this post: mbasko

Northeast
12 January 2019 09:50 pm

Do you mean this Tath - "a wired booster & speaker set up on the QED"???

grumpygold
Banned
Banned
13 January 2019 12:07 am

this is the one that came with my machine can still get them if you look on ebay but yes it has been discontinued now thumbsup 1547298430_nokia.jpg

Last edited by grumpygold (13 January 2019 12:10 am)

gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

grumpygold
Banned
Banned
13 January 2019 12:08 am

here are some just found on ebay first hit on google. smile https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-N … 2789614366

gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

ctxkid
13 January 2019 06:40 am

Northeast wrote:

lowest latency of any wireless set up , worth the coin power perfect

...................................................Such is life........................................................
Oldest Copper coin 1799 left seated half penny, Oldest Silver 1834 Shilling

mbasko
13 January 2019 08:54 am

ctxkid wrote:
Northeast wrote:

Yes it works well on the Minelab machines I've tried it on. Permanent fixture on SDC. Wasn't impressed with it on the QED!

The Nokia speakers are good & have an internal powered amp but no volume control. Not sure how they'd go attached to another booster I.e. amp into amp can cause issues.

Last edited by mbasko (13 January 2019 08:59 am)

grumpygold
Banned
Banned
13 January 2019 01:00 pm

mbasko wrote:
ctxkid wrote:
Northeast wrote:

Yes it works well on the Minelab machines I've tried it on. Permanent fixture on SDC. Wasn't impressed with it on the QED!

The Nokia speakers are good & have an internal powered amp but no volume control. Not sure how they'd go attached to another booster I.e. amp into amp can cause issues.

i have tried this with a dick smith normal speaker worked ok , nokia over loads to the max terrible noise emitted. remember to turn nokia off straight after use or the batteries are dead flat by next use, yes i learn the hard way. now switch machine off then speaker as well at the same time. having on the top or side of control box seems ok too, no bad reports. hope this helps NE smile

Reg Wilson
13 January 2019 02:12 pm

The speaker that now comes with the QED seems OK, however there is not one on my machine as I use the Garret Z Lynk wireless system which I really like.
I also have the Deteknix wire free set up but have not used it yet, so can't comment other than it looks like a good compact little system.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

Northeast
13 January 2019 02:25 pm

Thanks GG and Reg.

So Reg, you have the Z Link receiver on you and then plug your earbuds into that?
Plenty of sound? Do you have volume adjustment at all?

YouTube instructional video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … 9V-CyNJS1U
Looks like a good system.
I wonder if a speaker can be plugged in instead of headphones.
Also wonder how it would play with a booster.

Last edited by Northeast (13 January 2019 02:35 pm)

Reg Wilson
13 January 2019 02:40 pm

The Z Lynk does have volume adjustment and I tend to run it at the high end where it is more than ample for the Bose NC buds, which are just fantastic, and well they should be for the price. The Z Lynk receiver just sits in my shirt pocket or clips onto a windcheater or jacket.
I will test the Deteknix unit for you as soon as this stinking hot weather lets up, and let you know my thoughts. I see it also has volume control.

Walmer Central Victoria

Northeast
13 January 2019 02:45 pm

Cheers Reg. Much appreciated thumbsup

rockdev
22 January 2019 07:38 pm

I wonder how the Quest WireFree Wireless Kit that Nenad sells would go with the QED, looks like a good bit of kit.

Last edited by rockdev (22 January 2019 07:40 pm)

GM 1000, Equinox 800, X-Terra 705.

Jaros
22 January 2019 07:53 pm

He doesn't sell junk. He will also tell you what the QED is matched best to.

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: rockdev

Mirrors
22 January 2019 08:19 pm

I'm interested

rockdev
22 January 2019 08:47 pm

Yes Jaros he certainly does have quality stuff mate.

Northeast
22 January 2019 09:04 pm

From the reading I am doing all over the place it is not how good the wireless kit is, but how much it interferes with the QED. The Z-Link seems to be working great but pricey, others seem to interfere with the audio quite a bit.

Almost everything has said that the Nokia speaker and hard-wired (even el-cheapo) earbuds direct into the QED it works perfectly. But some volume control is lacking.

Issues seem to arise when wireless bluetooth units have been used.

Would be interested to hear how you go rockdev if you do get a Quest kit.

Reg Wilson
23 January 2019 07:55 am

Finally got round to testing the Deteknix wire free system early this morning and I am happy to report that it was quite good. With the transmitter mounted on the stem between the electronics box and the handle with the supplied rubber band, there was no noticeable interference. Volume was wound up to full with THS-A set at 60 giving plenty of boogy through the Bose N/C earbuds. No lag and good all round sound, very similar to the Garrett Z Lynk system. Happy to recommend this set up.

Walmer Central Victoria

2 users like this post: Mirrors, Northeast

rockdev
23 January 2019 11:09 am

Thanks Reg for the update sounds like a winner mate thumbsup Now on further searching for the Deteknix unit it looks like the Quest WireFree System is the same unit only selling under its new Company name Quest. If that is the case it should be a good match for the QED. pickshovel

Northeast wrote:

Would be interested to hear how you go rockdev if you do get a Quest kit.

Yes Northeast looks like a good combo, will see how I go...to go wired or wireless.mmm

Last edited by rockdev (23 January 2019 11:11 am)

Mirrors
23 January 2019 11:35 am

I'm going to order one tonight
Sounds like a winner
A quick look and I saw them for $79 thumbsup

grumpygold
Banned
Banned
23 January 2019 12:14 pm

i had the quest phones ages ago to much interferance , and pulsing so got rid of them not compatable with the qed sorry fellas. now just use the standard nokia speaker and a set of garret head phones with volume control on each ear, i hope you didnt waiste your money i just noticed this post as been having nbn problems, i would have responded earlier. best of luck thumbsup

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site