A list i made of what i need for prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i may need more then a donkey haha. I might need a semi trailer and a shipping container :lol:

I just want to make sure i have got everything, that would basically be needed to start out.

I know it might seem like alot to some people. But i just want to be prepared especially if i decide to do a few days or weeks out prospecting at certain places
It's just all things i want to get ready.
It wont be for atleast 5 months. But i want to be prepared the best i can and have everything needed to start out

Forgot the most important thing.

Homework, homework. Study. Learn. Read and watch as many different types of prospecting videos, books, old newspapers. Learning to read the ground. Each rock tells a different story.

Then luck.

Most people, takes months, years to find the first nugget.

Ward69 said:
Forgot the most important thing.

Homework, homework. Study. Learn. Read and watch as many different types of prospecting videos, books, old newspapers. Learning to read the ground. Each rock tells a different story.

Then luck.

Most people, takes months, years to find the first nugget.

I have done about 2 months worth so far at looking at places to go around NSW and what areas have what. It's just a matter of me looking at each individual place, and working out where to go in that place, if that makes sense?
My brother works in a book shop. I have asked him to get me some books :)
I am a very patient person, i know i most likely wont find anything the first day i try it. But it's being outdoors and enjoying life that's the most important thing to me :)

Plan what youre doing, that is chaining, gridding, panning, sluice, crevices.
You cant take everything at once.
Get your car as close as you can, Im normally chaining or gridding so I plan on been back to the car within two to four hours I take the phone ( which normally doesnt have service) gps a torch and water to get me back.
Just these items with a detector and pick Im loaded up like a mule.
Be alert, dont fall down holes or walk into scrub bulls. This is easy to do when detecting.
Two toes has a good video on what he takes on day trip.
Matt T

Hi Mediocritist,don't tell anyone I told you this but,your long handled teaspoon is a "parfait" ,pronounced parfay , spoon.I,m embarrassed I know this but somethings stick in your head .
Cheers Crushed

I still don't understand why you need Wart stuff on a day trip :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vicks is good for insects bites as it takes the sting out of the bite.

Put a thick layer of Vicks onto a tick and it will back out and fall off,

Goody :)

goody2shoes said:
I still don't understand why you need Wart stuff on a day trip :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vicks is good for insects bites as it takes the sting out of the bite.

Put a thick layer of Vicks onto a tick and it will back out and fall off,

Goody :)

No idea, i was just reading about ticks. They were saying that you should freeze the tick, and it falls off after a few hours.
If you try and remove the tick it can cause it to release it's saliva and gut contents into your body, which can cause food alergies or become allergic :/
And then i was reading about using Permethrin to use on clothes

I am only new, and i have no idea myself. But im gonna make sure my skin is pretty covered up anyway and tuck everything in and wear light coloured clothes as precautions.

Andrew, I know you listed 'water bottles' but if you're going out over summer anywhere make sure you have more than enough, like double what you think. Too much water is not a bad thing if you get stuck out in the bush for a couple of days or more!

By covering the tick in Vicks or some other kind of thick lube, it makes the tick panic because it can not breath, so it reverse out so it can breath again, that is when it falls back off, it will not leave any toxic saliva,

If you try and remove the tick it can cause it to release it's saliva and gut contents into your body,

It leaves parts of it head

Only reason I know this is because I have had a lot of ticks over the years and was advised by a Doctor to do this, plus I am a nurse...

Regards Goody

Latest posts